I'm in need of some support!

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some friends and support. Any and all support is welcome, but also looking for others who have alot to lose like me. I am currently 351 which sadly isn't my highest weight but right there near it. I started to do good a couple years ago and almost lost like 65. then I fell right back into my old habits, but here I am again back where I started. I want to be able to change my lifestyle once and for all for the better. gonna start out with some small goals and take it day by day.

Little about me, I'm 32 I live in Indiana. I work in a Customer Service call center. Married actually a year in two days. No kids, having no luck due to my weight and PCOS. I have struggled with weight issues and depression and anxiety since i was a teenager. i dont really have a social life, lots of friends or many hobbies. But really working hard on trying to change some of that.

Replies

• dfcdiva514
    dfcdiva514 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, although I dont have as much to lose as you do, the 50lbs I have left to lose is still a major task. Each pound is a struggle, but yet a victory.

I log everyday, so I will be glad to be your friend and offer support as well as suggestions and feedback from my victories and defeats on this journey. I have struggled with being overweight as long as I can remember, but never let it stop me from trying what I desired to do.

I look forward to friending you on this journey. Know that you are worth it and one real friend is worth a thousand associates. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and the desires of your heart.

Feel free to add me. Happy anniversary in two days!!!
  • Rosiegordon33
    Rosiegordon33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I would be super happy to be your friend!
    We are all here for the same reason, can never have too much support!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've been there where you create your own safe cocoon and yet you're unhappy. Don't do any thing else, but start exercising. Just one change. That's how I got myself out. I got fed up with myself. Instead of dieting which always worked, but I'd always gain it back. I thought I'd start with exercise. Exercise eventually helped me make better food choices. Exercise improved my depression after I got past the first couple months of being mad I had to exercise. Once I saw exercise really worked I've slowly come to terms with it being a regular part of my life.
  • mrsmatheri
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to MFP but definitely not new to weight loss! Although I only have 50 pounds to lose, I've been trying to shift it unsuccessfully for most my adult life , I can definitely relate to the feeling of one step forward, two steps back and wanting to make a change for good.

I've realised my problem is I need help from others and I never ask for it. I've joined MFP as I think I really need support from others, and I hope I can support you too, I know this is what will make the difference! Feel free to add me hope I can help!
  • hb999
    hb999 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I have also lost weight in the past and am determined for this time to work permanently. I would be happy to become part of your support network. Add me as a friend if you wish.

Amanda
  • rocioabe
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Rocio, a girl from Spain. First of all, sorry if my English is not enough good and i don't express myself the way I would like to :).

The best support you can get from is yourself. If you finally achieved the willpower to start this journey, anything will stop you.

It's a hard process, it's a radical physical change but most important a even bigger change of thinking. It's more important being concious of our own habits and reeducate ourselves because otherwise, once we lose all the weight we want, we have all those kilos back and some extra more.

I've lost a lot of weight last year. I'm still fighting to avoind having all this weight back and I'm concious that it's a fight i will be always facing.

No one can encourage you better that yourself, the best cheering advice is lookind day after day to the balance and see how weight is less and less and less...

The advice someone gave me that really changed my mind was: If the problem is not hunger, why is eating the solution?

Hope this helps, it did to me :smile:

Rocio