The Virgin Diet (lose 7 things in 7days lose 7 pounds)

Options
2»

Replies

• Pantherfan44
    Options
    My co-worker tried it and it worked for a few weeks but my opinion is that it only worked because she was getting fewer calories by not having her usual crap she ate. It's silly. You shouldn't be feeling tired because of a diet. If you were REALLY intolerant to a food, you'd feel crappy all the time, not be fat.

See thats the thing I do feel crappy all the time and Im not really fat, I just want to lose the 10 pounds I have put on in the last 2 years Im 5' 4 and weigh 139
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Is my virginity something I lose?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, I will admit to being notorious for under-eating. Was curious though because I tend to have weeks where I just eat basically Chicken and veggies or fish and veggies and lose but it is probably just the whole starving myself. And yes that may explain why Im tired. LOL

Yup. Go eat some calories and be happy.
  • mkgirl425
    mkgirl425 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have followed JJ Virgin's blog and her newsletters for a year or so before I tried this. I read her book and along with peertrainer (a related web site), decided to go "balls to the wall" and give the two week cleanse a try. I eliminated all seven foods, and felt better than I had in years. I have been sticking to this "generally" (meaning I was just on a 12 day vacation where it was not entirely possible) and I have seen the scales move more in the past two months than I have in years of dieting. I am a believer that people don't have to be deatlhy allergic to a food to have it wreak havoc on our bodies. Feel free to friend me! Hope I've helped a bit with your question without rambing too much. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    My co-worker tried it and it worked for a few weeks but my opinion is that it only worked because she was getting fewer calories by not having her usual crap she ate. It's silly. You shouldn't be feeling tired because of a diet. If you were REALLY intolerant to a food, you'd feel crappy all the time, not be fat.

See thats the thing I do feel crappy all the time and Im not really fat, I just want to lose the 10 pounds I have put on in the last 2 years Im 5' 4 and weigh 139

eat more and lift heavy ...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If you're tired, there's a chance you're not eating enough. You also might have a thyroid or other hormonal issue, but if it's never bothered you before, I'm leaning towards you're not eating enough. How many cals a day are you eating?

Rather than wasting your time with diet "fads", find out how many calories you burn a day, subtract 500 in order to put yourself at a rate of 1lb/week loss, and have at it. If you suspect gluten or dairy intolerance, see a doctor. Barring some medical issue (emphasis on this for a reason), there is no reason to torture yourself with gluten-free, dairy-free eating plans.

Edit: went back and read your update. Glad you're gonna try eating more :smile: Agree with the poster that said to lift heavy. Strength training is one of the best things you can do for body recomposition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    ANY diet plan works when you follow it. Sustaining it for a lifetime is the issue. If you don't think you can, then don't bother with it.
    Look for programs that you know you'll do for life and not just for temporary weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    If you are having extreme fatigue or skin problems or something of that nature then I don't see the harm in doing it. But I wouldn't take it seriously as a weight loss program. I know I'm sensitive to gluten because I was having really bad indigestion and when I cut out gluten things just cleared up for me and I had a ton more energy but I don't know for sure if it was the gluten or if it was the other things that I added to my diet in place of the gluten. It's not hard to not eat soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, corn, and artificial sweeteners. As far as sugar goes, I can't imagine giving up fruits. Give it a go if you think you should!
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a repeat of the ``Whole 30`` program too me.....
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    "The Virgin Diet (lose 7 things)"

I thought you could only lose your virginity once?

Maybe its like a cat or a cow thing?

Cats have 9 lives, Cows have 3 stomachs.....maybe some people have 7 hymens?

Breaking news!

I see what you did there.

It is virgin on the ridiculous.
  • paulasimons1257
    Options
    I found this really helpful. Check it out  http://flfreviews.weebly.com
  • KellyGigi14
    KellyGigi14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was happy to see your post because I just started the Virgin diet and this is my fourth day. i want to be positive about it because I really do think it makes sense. Are you still doing it?