Here I go again! Maybe I'll figure this out this time!

Options
TripMom
TripMom Posts: 102 Member
I'm new here. I saw the woman that was on the Today Show that used this site to help her. I've been a big yoyo dieter almost all my adult life. The latest time was in Nov 2009 to March 2010. I lost 40+ pounds. I really thought I had figured eating out and was going to be able to keep it off this time. Then my husband started working a second job and the care of our family was all up to me. We have a 7 year old and 3 year old triplets. I also take care of my disabled Mom. Lots of quick fixes for meals started putting it back on me. Here we are in August and I have gained it all back.
I'm very unhappy with myself but know if I don't do something to make big changes soon, I will be facing major health problems.
Tomorrow, August 23, 2010 is the start of our new life. I have a walk planned with a friend and I have signed up for water aerobic twice a week. I know in my mind that I have to come first...actually doing this will be a challenge for me. Been trying to make the other 6 people in this house happy before me for too long.
Thanks for listening and looking forward to getting to know all of you.
TripMom

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    you will find alot of support here.
    weight loss journeys are often hard ones but you can do it.
    if your having a bad day thats ok theres always tomorrow.
    read on the forum here about the sucess stories if you feel you cant do it they always motivate me to keep going.
    good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :wink:
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Taking care of you is always the hardest thing to do. It's easier and sometimes more satisfying to put others first. But.. it is not healthy. You count. YOu are important.... and if you are ill tired or incapacitated then where are all those people going to be you are taking care of...??? They will be forced to figure it out..... or find someone else to do their work....
    Now that is the extreme end.... Taking care of you and honoring yourself is a daily concious choice... Yes there are times we do what we have to do..... but it doesn't have to be every day or minute of your life... your needs need to be first....
    Sometimes it is easier to follow the crowd or say so what... and there will be times that will happen.... But the other side is once you realize it.... just walk your own path. IT won't be the end of the world or all is not lost.... As long and you are able to make a decision... nothing is lost.
    So the conclusion is you can take care of you and your family..... Take private time for yourself..... do your workouts because it keeps you healthy..... If you have to spell it out for others when they want to push you to put them first.... then spell it out....
    Keeping healthy and putting yourself first is not selfish or dysfunctional..... bowing to pressure and doing what others want instead of what you need is.....
    Congratulations on your choice to live healthier.... It is a daily choice... Every action now supports that decision. Good luck best wishes....
    Mary
  • prprncss84
    prprncss84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are here for you and you can use this site for motivation. I know that I do.
    Also, I've begun to use my blog as a "quick" meal recipe post too, that way I can learn from others quick meals that I may like to try and others may learn from me.
    Nonetheless, you've made a great choice coming here and I hope you the best.
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Okay please let me say Do Not Beat Yourself Up!! (that is easy to say) Understand that you have done this before and WILL do it again. I know how discouraging it is (mine was 50 lbs.) and it is not easy. Getting out of your head is the best thing you can do!
    That being said I know how hard it seems and you are on the right path "again" everyday you have a new opportunity to do what is healthy for you. You will slip but get right back. It will not take long to get back on track. One day at a time!
    Good luck, you can do this!