Updated Success Story

Options
Here is my success story I posted over a year ago http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/714872-down-66-lbs-with-pics

I just wanted to update.

In January 2013 I was given the opportunity to be featured in "Canadian Living Magazine" this was an amazing, fun experience. They did a full makeover with wardrobe and everything. It was awesome and really helped with my confidence and self-esteem. Since January 2013 I changed my diet quite drastically. I adapted a vegan lifestyle. After watching some documentaries and reading a lot on the health benefits of a plant based diet I really wanted to see if this would make me feel any different. Overall I felt amazing. There were a lot of challenges along the way. Mainly eating out and visiting with friends since I generally had to bring my own meals with me. But I really don’t mind doing this. I feel so much better after I’m done eating. Never bloated and fatigued. In April 2013 I RAN A MARATHON. Yes a full marathon in 3:55 I was happy with my time and the whole experience but the training and the dedication to running for 5 months was very challenging. Although definitely so rewarding and I do hope to run another marathon at some point in my life . In May I decided to do a 3 weeks juicing/smoothie cleanse. I eliminated all grains and strictly made my own juices and smoothies using all organic fruits and vegetables and eventually some nuts. This was very challenging I lost a lot of weight and for me got a little bit too tiny. Although I did feel really good I had some challenges tolerating solid foods again afterwards. I did gradually reintroduce solids and gluten but my bowels had a lot of difficulties. I have not been able to eat gluten again since my cleanse. I have tried and every time I get so bloated, constipated and sick feeling. SO now I am strict vegan and gluten free. Only making eating out that much more challenging lol. But again I feel really good so I just keep doing it. In September 2013 I actually left my “husband” (not actually married but partner for 8 year with 3 children) I really realized how unhealthy our relationship was and as I became more confident I didn’t want to sit around in a relationship that was so unhappy. I’m glad I made the decision to leave but the transition has been difficult for me and the kids. It is getting better now. And the other update I have is that Nov 13th I had a tummy tuck done. I had a lot of extra skin on my abdomen mainly from pregnancy and c-sections but I needed to get this done before I felt comfortable pursuing any type of relationship again. I’m not 4 weeks post op finally starting to feel better I’ve been able to use the elliptical since 2 weeks post op and I’ve definitely done that every other day since then. I miss running but I know in the long run my Tummy Tuck will be so worth it. I’m looking forward to the swelling to be gone and getting to wear clothes I never felt comfortable in before. Here is an updated picture around 3 weeks post op still swollen so it can only get better ;).

If you’d like tummy tuck before and afters PM me 

There’s my condensed yearlong update for now lol.

Thanks for reading.

Christmas2013_zpse44f63e2.jpg

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What a journey! Well done for keeping your health and peace of mind balanced! Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats on maintaining so long!
  • rhoucheille
    Options
    You look great!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Running will come quick enough. Take it a day at a time. Great job BTW :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!