Gaining Weight/Loosing Stomach

Hi,

I am a female early 30's weighing only 113 at 5'2. I did Insanity for 30 days and it was the wrost mistake for me because of the goals I want. I would like to gain weight and loose my stomach. My stomach is not too big but it def needing shaping/loosing/help!!! I am afraid if I incorp more cardio I will loose more weight.

I understand the protein/carb/veggie rule of eating. 5-6 meals a day protein powder etc....but can you gain good weight/muscle at the same time of loosing fat, especially in the stomach area?

My questions are:
Will lifting and strength training help rid of body fat? Will it help me loose fat on my stomach? Will I really be able to gain weight doing only those two things above?

Replies

• knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    The only way to really lose stomach fat is to decrease overall body fat percentage. I don't believe you can actually just do spot reduction. And where fat ends up on your body is predetermined by genetics.

Lifting and strength training will help decrease body fat in the sense that larger muscles burn more calories. An increase in caloric intake combined with heavier weightlifting should help you.