Why won't my belly fat go!!

Options
I have lost 30lbs of fat in the past year and gained some more muscle. I have lost fat everywhere on my body, on my chest, face, neck, legs etc... But my belly fat loss has just hit a wall and stopped! I lost 3 inches there before and i though it would slowly keep on coming off but it hasn't now for at least 4 months. I went to the doctors and they weighed me and all that...and said my "bmi" (think that's the word) was perfect. I just don't get why i still have a big belly lol. I stick to my macros everyday, go to the gym everyday, play football every other day and drink nothing but water, but nothing happens :( Anyone know what else i could try?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    more patience... belly fat can be stubborn, but if you lower your bodyfat % enough, it will go.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    more patience... belly fat can be stubborn, but if you lower your bodyfat % enough, it will go.

It feels like im getting nowhere with it though :( I started to lose it when i started my diet but now its just stuck there lol
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I'm adjusting my diet to try to eat these to see if there are any improvements:
    https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1150327_604787402877105_605117807_n.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    Options

It feels like im getting nowhere with it though :( I started to lose it when i started my diet but now its just stuck there lol

are you making strength gains? are you definitely eating at a deficit?
  • DannehBoyy
    Options

Yeah definitely to both of those. For example, i could never do pull ups before or chin ups but now i can. I am also eating at about a 500 calorie deficit.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yeah definitely to both of those. For example, i could never do pull ups before or chin ups but now i can. I am also eating at about a 500 calorie deficit.

then it is just patience you need! sorry!!!
  • DannehBoyy
    Options

then it is just patience you need! sorry!!!

Yeah i guess it is lol. Don't be sorry though, thanks for your help :)
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fun fact about fat cells: the're there to stay! The most you can expect short of surgery is to shrink the size of those tenacious little buggers. Personally I have accepted that there will always be some amount of fat on my body and that I should instead focus on building lean muscle mass. Good luck!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Because the fat in the place you really want to lose is always the last to go! You would think it could redistribute itself around your body or pick a less noticeable spot to hang out, but nope, it just stays there to annoy you. Have you changed up your routine or messed with your calorie intake lately? Sometimes that helps. I know some people who have given themselves a cheat week where they don't stay within their target calories (not going crazy, just not eating at a deficit) and that has spurred weight loss again. I have no scientific evidence to back that up, btw. I would probably try changing up my exercise routine to see if that has any effect before messing with diet.
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    Fun fact about fat cells: the're there to stay! The most you can expect short of surgery is to shrink the size of those tenacious little buggers. Personally I have accepted that there will always be some amount of fat on my body and that I should instead focus on building lean muscle mass. Good luck!!

Yeah i guess you're right. I wish i'd have known that when i was a kid and not ate anything put on a plate in front of me :( lol
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    Because the fat in the place you really want to lose is always the last to go! You would think it could redistribute itself around your body or pick a less noticeable spot to hang out, but nope, it just stays there to annoy you. Have you changed up your routine or messed with your calorie intake lately? Sometimes that helps. I know some people who have given themselves a cheat week where they don't stay within their target calories (not going crazy, just not eating at a deficit) and that has spurred weight loss again. I have no scientific evidence to back that up, btw. I would probably try changing up my exercise routine to see if that has any effect before messing with diet.

Yeah i change my routine around quite often. I also have a cheat day where i just go all out lol, maybe that whats keeping the fat :P but i've never done it for a whole week. It's coming up to Christmas now though, i guess i won't be as cautious with my food then, so hopefully that will do something about it.
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30lbs of fat in the past year and gained some more muscle. I have lost fat everywhere on my body, on my chest, face, neck, legs etc... But my belly fat loss has just hit a wall and stopped! I lost 3 inches there before and i though it would slowly keep on coming off but it hasn't now for at least 4 months. I went to the doctors and they weighed me and all that...and said my "bmi" (think that's the word) was perfect. I just don't get why i still have a big belly lol. I stick to my macros everyday, go to the gym everyday, play football every other day and drink nothing but water, but nothing happens :( Anyone know what else i could try?

What are the answers to these? ...
    Male/female?
    Age?
    starting weight?
    How long have u been working at this?
  • DannehBoyy
    Options

What are the answers to these? ...
    Male/female?
    Age?
    starting weight?
    How long have u been working at this?

Male, 19, starting weight: 230lbs, about a year
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's the last pounds for me, and I hate that! I lost more there at very first, too, and then it goes away slowly.

It makes me feel like I still have a lot to lose, but I know I don't. I had things the way I liked a few years ago, so I know the weight range that is. It just sucks that it can wait so stubbornly to be the last thing gone! Mine's lower belly and those back love handles, too.
  • soul_nourish
    Options
    Hi, are you able to give an idea of what you eat and drink on a typical day including the times that you eat? There may be an imbalance somewhere...
    Thanks, michelle
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    Hi, are you able to give an idea of what you eat and drink on a typical day including the times that you eat? There may be an imbalance somewhere...
    Thanks, michelle

Yeah, you can see my food diary if you want to :) but i just drink water and smoothies mainly
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've told myself keep doing what I'm doing, lose a bit more weight and keep lifting and ill get there!

Good luck.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Research and try some medicinal natural teas. They aid in digestion.
    Bloating can also occur when eating healthier foods. Dandelion tea
    is one, ginger tea another. Exercise, rest and plenty of clean drinking
    water are essential too. I'm trying to kill my last 30#s. all seem to be
    my middle as well.

All the best to you!
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've told myself keep doing what I'm doing, lose a bit more weight and keep lifting and ill get there!

Good luck.

Yeah dude, i need to keep that frame of mind too, good luck to you as well !
  • soul_nourish
    Options
    i would love to see your food diary :)))
    what do you have in your smoothies?