What Do You Promise You?

Options
So often we promise others to do this that or the other and keep that promise. Seldomly are we that kind to ourselves. Today I made a promise to myself (gave myself a promise ring) to work on my motivation to exercise daily for beter health. So what have you promised you.

Replies

• Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I promised myself two days ago that I will no longer berate and degrade myself with negative self talk. I'm my own worst enemy, and I've abused myself both mentally and physically for a long time. If I wouldn't allow other people to treat me like crap, I can't accept those behaviors from myself.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I promised myself that I will do more fun activities and quit putting them off. I always say I'm gonna do this or that and then come up with excuses not to do them (vacation, rock climbing, get a massage, etc..)
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am promising myself that I will be my own friend; the kind of friend that I am to others
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    This is really what MFP is about . . . I really needed this right this moment!

I started losing weight for health issues and when I met with my gym trainer and he asked what my goal weight was I told him that I did not want to be small enough to fit in a trunk! Really bad past!

Lately I have been getting some inconsiderate comments from men and while they bother me to the point where I work out harder to deal with the frustration from the comments - I realize this will more than likely result in more comments :explode:

Today, I promise myself that I will not allow fear or anger rule my actions!
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great promises...we have to keep the positive mental thoughts in front of our minds. We will be successful at this journey.
  • emtbabe326
    Options
    I promised myself two days ago that I will no longer berate and degrade myself with negative self talk. I'm my own worst enemy, and I've abused myself both mentally and physically for a long time. If I wouldn't allow other people to treat me like crap, I can't accept those behaviors from myself.

EXACTLY THIS!!!