New to this site

Drews_girl
Drews_girl Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Okay....so I thought I would give this format a go. I have tried every "diet" known to man, it seems, but I can never really find a way to stick with anything (I even underwent weight loss surgery in 2001), so I thought, maybe, if I had almost half a million people urging me on, I could do this one. Ha!

My biggest problem, honestly, is that I am an emotional eater. When I'm stressed, I eat. When I'm tired, I eat. When I'm bored, I gorge! Maybe by having to record everything here I can finally hold myself accountable. Beginning tonight (at dinner which is the main meal I eat), I am even going to start measuring out my portions. We shall see how this all goes.

Good luck to anyone and everyone here. I hope you all reach your goals in a happy and healthy way!

Jen (aka Drews_girl)

Replies

• xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    welcome!! :flowerforyou:

I hope it works for you - its working for me slowly but surely :smile:

My tip - make as many friends as you can, every1 on here knows exactly what you're going through and can support you all the way!!

Sending a friend request now xx:flowerforyou:
  • Well my love, we are in this together.. I said I would support you by taking part.. besides I could do with losing some bloatage myself.. lol. I was a little miffed that the calculator only allows for 2 pounds a week, but oh well. Let's see how we go and how much we can lose by supporting each other.. love you loads Jen.

Oh and "Hi" Jo10
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    You can do this...... it will work.... As a former emotion eater myself..... let me say this..... The thing I found that made all the difference is someone who did Hyno-psychotherapy... It is hypnotsis and pscychoanalysis under hypnotherapy. I am in Ireland so I wouldn't know who to reccomend there.... but it does work... it has what has got me 94 lbs down....
    good luck and best wishes to you....

You have decided... Now every action supports that decision.... If you remember that you won't go wrong....

Best wishes Mary
  • You can do this if you look at my before and after photos then you will see that i have done it.I am doing it with the love and support of my friends.if you need to talk or just vent email me I can help you.will be posting another picture soon.hugs
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member

Oh and "Hi" Jo10
    Hi back at ya!! i'm guessing you 2 know each other fairly well?? lol

My hubby has joined me on here and it makes it sooooo much easier x
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    You can do this...... it will work.... As a former emotion eater myself..... let me say this..... The thing I found that made all the difference is someone who did Hyno-psychotherapy... It is hypnotsis and pscychoanalysis under hypnotherapy. I am in Ireland so I wouldn't know who to reccomend there.... but it does work... it has what has got me 94 lbs down....

You have decided... Now every action supports that decision.... If you remember that you won't go wrong....

Best wishes Mary
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    OOPS, I meant to do quote Mary's response....regarding hypnosis and hypnotherapy. I think working your weight loss plan on several levels is the way to go and for the emotional eater, the head game is very important to work on. I have a cd player that I use head phones with and as I'm going to sleep I put on my weight-loss hypnosis CD's that are full of affirming, confidence boosting messages. even if you sleep thru it, your sub-conscious mind is listening and absorbing.

good luck with your new program, read some of the "sticky" notes in the various forums, there's lots of good smart people who have posted lots of great information for the newbie.

good luck and happy eating!
    JoJo

• ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    This site really does show you exactly how much you are eating so it will show you all the things you can and cannot eat. The portions were a huge issue for me because I was used to eating alot of meat and potatoes. I had to get used to eating more vegetables and less of the rest. You will see that exercise gives you more calories so you can eat a little more. (also don't forget sex and housework count as exercise LOL ; )) With Drew on board with this you guys should stick to it and not let each other fail! Good job you guys!!
This discussion has been closed.