Carbs too high?

Does anyone feel like the carbs MFP sets for your daily value is too high? It suggests I eat like 383 carbs a day. And I think the macronutrients is broken down to carb 50%, protein 15%, and fat 35%. I've always followed 30%, 40%, and 50%, respectively, and I don't really plan on changing that, but I was wondering if anyone else has felt like this.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    For me, YES! I have been on MFP for a long time, following the original carbs setting, and it did not work. In the past few months, I discovered LCHF, which has a different macronutrient distribution. Result with LCHF is that I'm losing more than a pound per week, and my skin cleared up, allergies gone, sleep better, and food cravings are gone. The original MFP set point had my blood sugar spiking, which prevented weight loss and created massive hunger pains, so with new LCHF diet, this doesn't happen anymore. This is a strategy that works for me, I hope you find what works for you. Good luck.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Well, I feel that the default protein is way too low, so by default that means the carbs are too high. IMO.
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Yeah, I definitely know the protein is too low. I strive for around 200 grams of protein a day, because that is around what I weigh and what I want to keep weighing, and MFP only wanted me to have like 94. Then all those carbs. I was thinking if I really wanted to lose weight, there would be no way. Well, lose weight and be toned I should say.