Ladies what body type are you?

Replies

• I'm a apple. I gain in my stomach, back, arms and face first. It sucks.
    I would love to shrink those areas and grow my others. IDk how.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Pear. I run and strength train with a focus on building upper body mass. There's a side by side progress pic in my profile pics. Still have work to do but I look a LOT more balanced now.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Pear. I run and strength train with a focus on building upper body mass. There's a side by side progress pic in my profile pics. Still have work to do but I look a LOT more balanced now.

I just looked through your pictures, and wow, you look great! :)
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    I expected the answers like Endomorphs, Mesomorphs or Ectomorphs to pop up but yah...

A Pear for sure and most likely a Ectomorph body type. I have skinny wrists and barely fats on the chest area but most are gathered at the hips and thighs. I have low muscle mass so I'm doing strength training together with cardio.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Ruler, or inverted triangle not quite sure.

• join the "f*cking fabulous" club.

easier than trying to find a label to fit your body. :D

I'm working on earning MY membership! :wink:
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    My current label. Overweight . I have the characteristics of an hourglass but I'm nowhere near how you think of an hour glass figure!! :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    The sexy kind.

I lift heavy and do minimal cardio. I imagine I'd do the same no matter my body type.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Your body type does not determine the exercise you should be doing.
  • you two are lucky! I love my body but I wish I had the breasts to be an hourglass
    Stop wishing go get em! ;)
  • lizzyxo
    lizzyxo Posts: 24 Member
    apple. :( hate it.....wish I had a more feminine figure. I carry the weight in my upper and lower back, belly, and boobs. I am so jealous of the girls with a big booty! all I can do is try to shape my body with losing fat and bulking up my butt lol.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I'm still confused. Somewhere between a pear, hourglass or cello depending on the day. The special workout I do? Circuit training. Because I like to be efficient. And no crunches because by most measures they are pretty useless. I used to look more pear till I decided to do more upper body weights. Now I am closer to being balanced than I used to be.

I did hear about an "hourglass workout" that focuses on intervals and weights with some slight variations for people worried about their quads. Slightly different squat positions.

Weight can help you balance out places where you feel off, like for me, dead lifts = less flat butt. ;)
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Pregnant, I keep my shape by eating tomato and feta cheese sandwiches.

My waist to hip ratio is 0.74 so, a pregnant pear.
  • I'm an hourglass. I don't really have any exercises I do BECAUSE of my body type, but my favourite exercise is Zumba!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Im going with PEAR. My shoulders are actually broad, so it makes it appear that I'm an hourglass. I'm flat chested too but still wear snuggy clothes. I don't really like to do false advertising. haha. I do however wear sporting push up bras, just to make my mom feel better. She doesn't like that I look flat on the top and a huge behind.
  • insanecatlady
    insanecatlady Posts: 7 Member
    I am inverted triangle with some butts. my frame is also large for my petite height; I'm trying to lose more body fat % to look more balanced. oddly enough, it's very easy for me to tone muscles. maybe that's some good genes I inherited from my parents.

flat chested ladies, unite! hee heee.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Im hourglass:D
  • WhisperAnne
    WhisperAnne Posts: 453 Member
    My measurements are:

Waist: 26 inches
    Hips: 37 inches

not sure about bust honestly. But I'm an A cup.

For pears I heard lower body work outs is what we need. Pears are almost hourglasses if you think about it.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    An endomorphic hourglass :bigsmile:
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Im going with PEAR. My shoulders are actually broad, so it makes it appear that I'm an hourglass. I'm flat chested too but still wear snuggy clothes. I don't really like to do false advertising. haha. I do however wear sporting push up bras, just to make my mom feel better. She doesn't like that I look flat on the top and a huge behind.

You sound just like me- a broad shouldered pear!
    Its a great shape, once you get over the disappointment of no boobies. The completely flat stomach makes up for it IMO :)
    And like previous posters have said, we can wear anything! Ok there's no cleavage, but it means we can wear fab low cut dresses without a bra, or even just tank and shorts braless. Or we can ramp it up with amazing padded bras!

Anyway, exercise. I do bodyweight strength exercises, push ups, pull ups, squats lunges etc, and as I'm losing fat, even my thighs are getting smaller! There's nothing left to lose up top!!