Needing to get remotivated....BADLY!

Options
Well I have been on MFP for sometime now. I have officially lost about 79 pounds(not all due to MFP). I have done this over quite a long period of time. I have managed to stay right around this weight for 6 months or more. I am walking like crazy(at least 5 miles per day). I enjoy Zumba and being active in general. I even actually completed (2) 5K's in the last couple of months....BUT I am stuck. I know the problem is the foods that I'm eating. I eat pretty healthy in general and if I do splurge in a not-so-good-for-me type of food, I try to keep it in small portions. I just feel like I want to eat ALL the time. I know it is from boredom more so than hunger. It is especially hard at work. I work at a desk all day and it is quite boring and I find myself wanting to snack on junk all day long. HELP!!!!!

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Maybe it's not enough? You shouldn't be hungry all the time..
  • mwitt07
    mwitt07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Maybe it's not enough? You shouldn't be hungry all the time..
    That's just it. It's not from hunger. It is from boredom. When I'm home I can get involved with some type of physical activity when I want to snack but I can't do that at work. I do have a treadmill here at work that I have access to that I use on my breaks and lunch. Like I said I am very active I just hate this feeling of wanting to eat all the time. :(
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If you know you have this issue of snacking then bring low calorie snacks that you can eat a lot of. Popcorn, veggies and hummus, cut up fruit, etc. I go through the same thing, but luckily I am not chained to my desk and get up and go for a walk to get some tea or coffee and it kicks the cravings.

I find that gum also helps.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    i have a desk job.. i bring healthy snacks with me.. or I eat food that sticks to me.. or calorie dense foods.. to keep me full longer.. I love my shakes and pudding, except if I eat them too late i don't want lunch.

Maybe drink more water? It helps me to drink more fluids.. and I have to get up more to use the bathroom. So more movement that way.
  • mwitt07
    Options
    Thanks and I do bring low-cal snacks. I usually have some oranges or an apple and maybe a cup of applesauce, etc...My lunch at work is at 11:00 and it makes for wanting to snack a lot between then and 5:00 when I go home.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Thanks and I do bring low-cal snacks. I usually have some oranges or an apple and maybe a cup of applesauce, etc...My lunch at work is at 11:00 and it makes for wanting to snack a lot between then and 5:00 when I go home.

Try something with more protein, so it will keep you fuller longer. I'd be starving if I had an orange and applesauce in 5 hours.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I snack on jerky, hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, PB on celery.. fruits and veggies, leftovers, salad, nuts, protein bars, shakes, greek yogurt, cottage cheese.. things higher in protein..
  • mwitt07
    Options

Try something with more protein, so it will keep you fuller longer. I'd be starving if I had an orange and applesauce in 5 hours.

haha...that may be why I'm starving then. I will introduce more protein into my snacks.
  • mwitt07
    Options
    I snack on jerky, hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, PB on celery.. fruits and veggies, leftovers, salad, nuts, protein bars, shakes, greek yogurt, cottage cheese.. things higher in protein..

Thanks I will definitely do that. I love hard boiled eggs and string cheese so I might give that a try tomorrow and see if it helps. Maybe I really hungry but eating the wrong kinds of foods to hold me over until I get home.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend reading what this wise woman had to say. SO glad I took the time to get through every word! Her experience is VERY inspiring! And I think it will help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1090814-one-year-can-change-your-life-pic-heavy
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options

+1 on adding protein as your snack.

You might open your diary to other so they can make suggestions about it.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    For every simple carb you consume you will crave simple carbs for the next 12-14hours. It is a simple biologic response. Your genetics look for easy calories.. Consider obese pets-they do not have emotional issues with food yet they will continue to consume available food. we are programmed to keep fat and seek easy calories once they have been introduced. People who do not eat simple carbs are confused by the addiction-they do not crave them. And if they do eat them they report nausea and feelings of fatigue as the spike in blood sugar results in an insulin spike.
  • mwitt07
    Options
    I highly recommend reading what this wise woman had to say. SO glad I took the time to get through every word! Her experience is VERY inspiring! And I think it will help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1090814-one-year-can-change-your-life-pic-heavy

Thanks I will take a look at it.