Busy Mom

Options
Very briefly (because I should be studying for finals). I am 30, mom of three, working full-time as a CNA while in nursing school. I graduate in May! First year I was able to maintain my weight with a few bumps along the way by running and keeping track of my diet. But this semester has been rough- I slacked off on food and was only able to squeeze in a run every other week or so. I'm going to use my winter to break to get back on track so I can run my second half-marathon in May. Looking for new friends to motivate me, especially nurses and nursing students. But anyone can add me!

Replies

• dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! I am a mom of 4 so I know how busy just kids can be let alone working and school on top of all of that. Sending friend request.
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How old are your kids? Is there activities you can all do together to boost your activity level? My daughter loves watching me do wii dance games. She is nearly 2, she mostly just watches and spins in circles. But, she finds it hysterical. I'd like to think she isn't laughing at me, but it keeps her occupied, so I try not to over analyze...
  • runspaz
    Options
    How old are your kids? Is there activities you can all do together to boost your activity level? My daughter loves watching me do wii dance games. She is nearly 2, she mostly just watches and spins in circles. But, she finds it hysterical. I'd like to think she isn't laughing at me, but it keeps her occupied, so I try not to over analyze...

My kids are 7, 6, and 3. The oldest runs cross-country at school and we run together sometimes. He did his first 5k this fall. :) and we used to do yoga together on a more regular basis. We do try to stay active when we're together. My problem isn't so much with the children but with the amount of time and work required from school and the job this past semester.
    The Wii is a great idea!- I do believe there is one in our foreseeable future. ;)