Google Ads hate us

Options
Wow, I just wanted to say how annoying it is to come onto a health and diet site and still be attacked with images of donuts in the banner advertising!! Thanks for nothing Google.

Can't the Watermelon Federation buy some advert space??

*steps of soapbox*

Carlye x

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Ha ha I was thinking the same thing, everytime I log in there is some delicious naughty temptation being advertised
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I get very cool ads, Burts Bees products, cool clothing sites, shoe sites, looks like they're really stepping up the ads to higher class! Nice:drinker: :wink:
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I get the good ads too (clothing, makeup, etc). I still have yet to see the doughnut or cupcake ad though I'm sure my time is coming. After all, I said doughnut and cupcake twice in this one post! :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    lol...I've seen the donut ads, but I also see the burt's bees or vitamuffin. So they are trying to step it up. Good thing I don't have a craving for donuts!
  • MCE2bthin
    Options
    yeah i get super cute clothing ads and exercise equipment.
  • netgirl224
    Options
    lucky ya'll - I think the only ads I get are the donut ones..followed by one for a diet pill. *raised eyebrow*
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    yeah i get super cute clothing ads and exercise equipment.
    love those! But truthfully? Until you all start the donut ad threads? (and trust me there's one every week) I hardly notice the ads...
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I get ads for go back to school and diet 2 things I know I need to do. But so far no cupcake ads.
  • carlyefg
    Options
    one good thing is, I'm not tempted in any way to eat them!!
    :bigsmile: Carlye
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    one good thing is, I'm not tempted in any way to eat them!!
    :bigsmile: Carlye
    oh. lol Thought that's why you began up the thread in the first place
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I love using firefox with the ad blocker. I don't see ads at all. :bigsmile:
  • carlyefg
    Options
    thanks Lina, I'll try Firefox with ad blocker. I hate them all!! on any site!
  • echonation
    Options
    A few entertaining facts about Google Ads:

Advertisers using Google Ads pay for their ads on a "Per Click" basis. (So click on that link for the diet pills, wait for the page to load, and then close it. The advertiser just lost $0.45 out of their wallet.)

Every time you click on an ad on this website, MFP makes a certain dollar amount. It may only be $1 for every one hundred clicks but it’s what helps pay for us to use the site.

The ads and banners you see are based on the content of the page you are viewing. If you're on your blog and you've been talking a lot about scales you’re more likely to see weight loss ads than clothing ads.

The ad tailoring is even more targeted if you are a Google Account holder. The algorithms used by Google anonymously track all of the site you’ve been to and tailor Google Ad banners to your traffic no matter what site you’re visiting. (It's important to note that this is anonymous usage tracking for marketing only.)

Hope I didn't make everyone paranoid!

Gary