Losing shoe size?

natspoiledbrat
natspoiledbrat Posts: 133
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone else who has lost a significant amount of weight had to go down a shoe size? I have always been a size 10 1/2, which is not made, so I either have to get a size 10 and stretch the heck out of it, or get an 11 and just have a little extra space. The last 2 pairs that I have tried on, I had to go with a size 9 1/2...........I just think it is weird that the width of my foot hasn't changed, but the length has shrunk? Is this right?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I've gone down a number of sizes in the last few years same as shoe widths
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Foot shrunk one size down after my teen years.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    The width hasn't changed. The thickness has. Remember, fat is like skin in that it covers our whole body in a layer. The difference is that it's thicker in certain areas. As it goes away the shape of your whole body changes, even feet, head and hands. My feet noticably changed when I had the big weight loss. It was actually the first place I saw veins, which was cool, but weird.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Same here I have been a size 10 since I was 10 now I am a 9 or 9 and a half
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    I also lose shoe sizes. I was a 9.5 us when I started now I am an 8.5 us after only losing 20lbs.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    I used to get 9s, but now I'm able to get 8 1/2s. That was actually one of the first places I made noticable improvement. I was not retaing as much water as before, as well as any fat loss there, so my feet had gotten too small for my athletic shoes. My feet actually fit my shoes front-to-back now!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    After about 80 lbs my feet were significantly smaller and now most of my shoes come right off my feet! We lose weight everywhere even our feet.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Me too, lol. After losing 80lbs, I lost a whole shoe size too.
  • Yes. About 15 years ago I shaped up and lost an entire shoe size. Hopefully I will do that again when I start losing weight here. Its hard to find cute shoes for fat feet!! :laugh:
  • I went from a 9 1/2 down to an 8! I also don't have to buy wide width anymore!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Me too! I just took a bunch of nice shoes to a consignment store recently and the rest to Goodwill.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Same for me 8 1/2 sometimes a 9 to a 7 1/2 - my running shoes are still an 8 though.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Wow! this is probably a reason I could not wear my old shoes. I thought my feet just betting bigger since I'm getting older
This discussion has been closed.