i want to quit!!!

Options

Replies

• AbiJenkins12345
    AbiJenkins12345 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aw, jbug, keep going.

it's been proven that it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to get into a new habit, or routine.

but i promise you, it will happen for you. i hate reading that other people have been successful, when I've myself, had a rubbish few, but it's got to be a personal goal, not one you're doing for anyone else… don't give up because you're jealous others seem to find it easier to do, use them as inspiration that it can be done. everyone has their own rhythm and you'll find what works for you

dig deep and find a bloody good reason for you to want to lose that weight, or change your life habits, or be fitter.

whats "t25"?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

im averaging 1500 a day when i work out. my calories are set to 1 pound a week at 1460 calories. i dont have a food scale but i watch my portions and i use measuring cups and i use the scanner option on my phone a lot when i log my food. whatever the lable says, thats what i log. (factoring in how much of whatever it is im eating)

Watch this video.... you're eating way more than you think you are, probably....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Frustrating huh?

However, I think your being too harsh on yourself. You've already said your partner has commented positively. In 3 weeks that's a great start. You could try using TDEE rather than MFP or eating back only half of what you think you burn to allow for errors.

Whatever you do don't give up ok? Keep at it, keep going and you WILL get there!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If you are only doing 1200 calories, which is to low in my opinion, you should be losing, which means you are eating to much and not 1200 calories. ETA: You are NOT in a deficit!!

Do you have food scale?

I eat between 1600 and 1900 calories, I am 5'2 and 44 yrs old, I weigh EVERYTHING and lose about a pound a week.

im averaging 1500 a day when i work out. my calories are set to 1 pound a week at 1460 calories. i dont have a food scale but i watch my portions and i use measuring cups and i use the scanner option on my phone a lot when i log my food. whatever the lable says, thats what i log. (factoring in how much of whatever it is im eating)

You need to get a food scale, asap, even prepackage food is off by about 10% or more, which can add up to a lot of calories you don't realize. I have greek yogurt and it says 150 grams, I weigh it and it actually 160 grams.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a sprint.
    ^

Breathe, and re-glance at your food diary. Did you miss something? Is your sodium a little more than it should be?

Retake measurements, and TAKE PHOTOS. Where inches might not move, sometimes the positioning does. I'd say your best bet for photos is once a month, or you might get frustrated looking for the small details.

Look into a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). They strap around your chest below your bra line and transmit to a watch, so you can see what your height and weight are doing against your heart rate (i.e. calories burned). I use my HRM over MFP's calculations because my HRM can see how much effort I'm putting into the activities logged.

Breathe, and make a generic goal. What are you going to do when you are where you want to be? Don't put a date on it... just generalize. There is a general "something" that you want.

Then do what you're doing. And good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • goodooc
    goodooc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I have 100+ pounds to lose! I've logged on for over 200 days and my net lost was 0! yes that is ZERO!!! I stopped for a while and recently came back but you can not quit! Most importantly (and the hardest to do) don't compare yourself to what other people lose! I've gotten extremely frustrated but only I know and walk in my shoes! You can do this!!!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Don't give up now! They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, so you are just getting to that point. You just need to get over the hump and soon enough, exercise will be something you WANT to do. If you don't like T25 though, try another program. There is no reason you have to stick with it. If you hate it find something that you DO enjoy - maybe zumba, boxing classes, join a running club if you want to be more social, etc. you are most likely buidling some new muscles (esp if you weren't working out before). in a few more weeks the fat will start to drop off and those new muscles will show through. stick with it and find an exercise program that you like! :)
  • rle2512
    rle2512 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dont quit, im also at a two week stand still after a 18lb loss, I feel the SAAAME way girl! Last night talking to my boyfriend, he said "you arent at a healthy bmi yet, i pulled up the site and showed him, 24.9, he said "well barely under" i wanted to cryyyyy, hide under a rock, never eat again, never try agian, just GIVE UP! Tomorrows a new day, keep at it, when you gain muscle you dont see the fat loss. I had a teeeny tiny friend in high school, every time softball season came around, she went up two pant sizes, from MUSCLE, accept YOU for you and try to just get better, for you. I struggle with it as well, but the way i look at it, im never going to be perfect. You dont want to live life with self hatred because you want something you dont have, love what you got, work it, make it better.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Quit and stay the same
    Or keep going and see results
    Don't just do it to only look better, do it for your health.

Preach girl. So what I needed to hear today. :)
  • AbiJenkins12345
    AbiJenkins12345 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    …hang on… you're toned and you've shed inches!!??

surely you've proven you're doing it! nearly 3 weeks in and you've lost inches! Be chuffed, it's a heck of a lot to be proud of!

the weight will manage itself,
  • cowgalsarah29
    cowgalsarah29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! I used to be like you and want a result every werk, if I didn't see that result I ate and gave up. I am paying it for it now because I am 10kg heavier ,
    my advice is to set some non weight related goals. Like say if I stick to my cal limit for 2 weeks I will buy myself a treat such as new shoes or a book (not food related). Get out the old measuring tape and are your scale decent ones? I brought I cheap set and I stood on it 3 times in a row and got a different weight each time.

Good luck, keep trucking on :)
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Watch this video.... you're eating way more than you think you are, probably....

while that is interesting and somethng to consider BUT i dont measure by grams as i dont have a food scale. i measure by cups and tablespoons etc. i dont even look at grams. if a serving size is 1 tablespoon, i measure one tablespoon... but thanks for the info
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i am angry. i am pissed off. i am tired. I am in the middle of week 3 of T25 and i REALIZE that it hasn't been that long but i am about done! i plan on keeping at it... even though i KNOW nothing will change. i haven't lost a single pound. and my legs are getting bigger! i have lost inches on my hips but i cant tell. none of my clothes feel looser and im pretty sure thats because i have NO idea how to log what i have burnt and i think im over logging my burn. my fiancee says "its only a number why do you need to know" :explode: he is supporting me in this and says i look more toned but im seriously mad. i want to cry and scream and quit and i hate myself for it....

dont quit, finish it!
    and if its not for you do someing els, but if you get to the end of it and deside you wanna give it another go give it another go :smile: "its not the destination its the journey" :drinker:
  • Serah87
    Options

OP you need to watch this!!!!!!
  • Serah87
    Options

while that is interesting and somethng to consider BUT i dont measure by grams as i dont have a food scale. i measure by cups and tablespoons etc. i dont even look at grams. if a serving size is 1 tablespoon, i measure one tablespoon... but thanks for the info

That's the problem right there!!!!! Measuring cups and spoons can be weigh off!!
  • jbug5j
    Options

That's the problem right there!!!!! Measuring cups and spoons can be weigh off!!

:huh:
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    it just i see all the reports and here "i lost x pounds and x inches in week 1" then "x more on week 2" and it just pisses me off. PLUS i dont see anyone who actually needed to loose weight anyway whos doing this. i know that comment will offend people but its true. i have 30 pounds to lose before im even at the top of normal range and its stuck on me and it feels like its not going anywhere. the whole "weight is just a number" is plain BS! (in my opinoin) i think im going to stop logging my excersize and see where that takes me. as for my setting its not on sedentary because i stand all day at work and i do heavy lifting at times. i work at save a lot and that actually can make you sweat. plus if i set my activity to sedentary i will only have 1200 calories to work with and i know me, i will NOT care at all about anyone or anything or how i treat people because i will always be hungry. so that wont work. i know this all sounds like an excuse but im venting mostly and theres a reason i posted this under "help and support" so yeah... just throwing that out there before i start getting rude comments. its bound to happen. yes im paranoid.

edited to add: it shouldnt be this EFFING hard!!!!

I don't have any advice. Just some sympathy. Weight loss for me is just try, try again, no matter how long I've been at the same weight and can't seem to budge *sigh*
  • jbug5j
    Options
    it just i see all the reports and here "i lost x pounds and x inches in week 1" then "x more on week 2" and it just pisses me off. PLUS i dont see anyone who actually needed to loose weight anyway whos doing this. i know that comment will offend people but its true. i have 30 pounds to lose before im even at the top of normal range and its stuck on me and it feels like its not going anywhere. the whole "weight is just a number" is plain BS! (in my opinoin) i think im going to stop logging my excersize and see where that takes me. as for my setting its not on sedentary because i stand all day at work and i do heavy lifting at times. i work at save a lot and that actually can make you sweat. plus if i set my activity to sedentary i will only have 1200 calories to work with and i know me, i will NOT care at all about anyone or anything or how i treat people because i will always be hungry. so that wont work. i know this all sounds like an excuse but im venting mostly and theres a reason i posted this under "help and support" so yeah... just throwing that out there before i start getting rude comments. its bound to happen. yes im paranoid.

edited to add: it shouldnt be this EFFING hard!!!!

I don't have any advice. Just some sympathy. Weight loss for me is just try, try again, no matter how long I've been at the same weight and can't seem to budge *sigh*

*hug*
  • Serah87
    Options

Peanut butter serving size is 2 tablespoons. If you weigh it by grams it's not 2 tablespoons which means you could be eating more than 100 calories more than you think, if you eat peanut butter every day for 5 days that could be extra 500 calories more than you think you are eating, which mean no weight loss.

ETA: Watch the youtube video!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

LOL. If you're just using spoons and cups, you're not eating the proper serving size --- very likely. You need to look at the serving size on the box and it will also be in either Oz or Grams, which is the proper serving size. You need a food scale to measure out the appropriate Grams and Oz --- if you rely on cups and spoons, you're OVERMEASURING.