Kim Kardashian loses 50 lbs on ketogenic diet

Options
So I guess the rich and famous know the secret to losing weight - ketogenic diet. Http://www.examiner.com/article/kim-kardashian-maintains-weight-loss-with-low-carb-atkins-diet-and-running

Quote from article:

Kardashian lost 50 pounds just five months after giving birth to daughter North (in June 2013) on a 2,200-calorie-a-day diet that limited her carb intake to less than 60 grams a day.

Kim's diet was a very-low-carb, high-fat ketogenic-style plan known for producing rapid weight loss. Kardashian's daily menu typically looks like this:

Breakfast: Omelette or Greek yogurt with berries and slivered almonds.

Snacks: One to two ounces of nuts or a guacamole dip with fresh veggies.

Lunch & dinner: A serving of fish, poultry, eggs, or lean red meat with lots of fiber-rich vegetables prepared with olive oil.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Lunch & dinner: A serving of fish, poultry, eggs, or lean red meat with lots of fiber-rich vegetables prepared with olive oil.

Those would have to be some pretty hefty portions to add up to 2200 calories!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Hefty and delicious and healthy
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I live and die by the latest celebrity fads.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

^^that's what I was thinking!!
  • bobbilum
    Options
    Please, she lost 30 of those pounds post partum just from giving birth. No diet secret to that. Judging from the edema she had, another 10 lbs was water weight that came off. So, maybe another 10 lbs from diet.

I do low carb (60 net grams a day) to control my blood sugar. I have lost probably 60 lbs total since I was diagnosed 3 years ago. Slow and steady loss.

I don't take my diet cues from the rich, famous and priviliged...they have nannies, personal chefs and trainers, and plastic surgeons on speed dial...
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    She named her baby North? Why? Celebs are odd...
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

^^that's what I was thinking!!

700 calories of guacamole bwahahaha.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Please, she lost 30 of those pounds post partum just from giving birth. No diet secret to that. Judging from the edema she had, another 10 lbs was water weight that came off. So, maybe another 10 lbs from diet.

I do low carb (60 net grams a day) to control my blood sugar. I have lost probably 60 lbs total since I was diagnosed 3 years ago. Slow and steady loss.

I don't take my diet cues from the rich, famous and priviliged...they have nannies, personal chefs and trainers, and plastic surgeons on speed dial...

plus I think there was some sort of agenda for her to gain as much weight as she could during pregnancy, and then quickly lose it post-partum, get looking great, get people to talk about her and get her mug put on every trash rag on the newsstand. It appears to have worked.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Did she really? I think I lost about 10 lbs. giving birth. I don't know how people lose more. I guess breastfeeding burns an extra 1000 or more calories a day.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This sounds quite similar to what I normally eat. But my carb intake is a bit higher than that.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Funny they didn't even mention the hours a day she probably spends with a personal trainer.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    She named her baby North? Why? Celebs are odd...

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian have a baby... North West!

Honestly I think it's pretty ballsy and funny, at least more entertaining than the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow's "Apple" and "Moses" which just sounds pretentious to my ears.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Funny they didn't even mention the hours a day she probably spends with a personal trainer.

I was just going to mention this. I read that she also worked with a trainer 2 hours per day.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    It amuses me how many people actually still care about that media-created train wreck of a family!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I love how Khloe admitted on the show that she lost her weight with a trainer just so she could be the model for the Slimquick commercials. A great number of these celebrities lie or leave out significant factors about how they lose weight.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I guess the rich and famous know the secret to losing weight - ketogenic diet. .

LMAO, it's not even significantly different in terms of fat loss with a balanced diet holding protein and cals constant. And that way you get more delicious carbs. There is nothing special about low carb or keto unless you like losing lbm or have a medical reason for following it
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    So I guess the rich and famous know the secret to losing weight - ketogenic diet. Http://www.examiner.com/article/kim-kardashian-maintains-weight-loss-with-low-carb-atkins-diet-and-running

Quote from article:

Kardashian lost 50 pounds just five months after giving birth to daughter North (in June 2013) on a 2,200-calorie-a-day diet that limited her carb intake to less than 60 grams a day.

Kim's diet was a very-low-carb, high-fat ketogenic-style plan known for producing rapid weight loss. Kardashian's daily menu typically looks like this:

well now, if my virtual bestie Kim is doing it, it must be great. Can't wait till she publishes a book on her success, it'll be supa cool and then finally I'd be able to lose all my weight without problems :drinker:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    She'll most likely be fat again when she wants to eat the carbs again.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Is nothing sacred? can't I go anywhere without hearing about KK. please, no further mention ok?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Dunno. If I were a keto-person, the last thing I'd want is a weight-yoyo bubblehead like K.K. endorsing it.

My guess is this marks the peak of the low-carb fad - only question left to answer now is what the next fad will be.

That said, if that menu is accurate, she wasn't low-carb so much as she was very-low-calorie....