NEW- Hello

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this and have had numerous failed attempts to dieting before so maybe this will be the time I WIN!!! I feed off of other people's success stories!!! I am ready to get one day closer to a new and better me.

Replies

• Misslynn
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have been on here since May, but really didn't start really working it and entering in my info daily until 5 weeks ago. I have started seeing the pounds drop, and that's what keeps me going. Just made my first goal of 10 lbs. My next is to hit the 20 lb mark.
    Good luck with yours weight loss.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello you have made the right choice by coming to MFP. Here are a few hints that have helped me.
    1. Drink lots of water
    2. Eat all your daily allowance of calories. Try not to stay under them this may trigger starvation mode. Which is bad.
    3. Take measurements and weight. There might come a week that you don’t lose pounds but you lost inches.
    4. Get your exercise in. I go on a hour walk daily and push my 2 year old in her stroller.
    5. Try to eat some if not all of your exercise calories.
    6. Build up your MFP network. The support here is amazing.
    7. Stay POSITIVE.
    8. Set mini goals to be able to reach your big goal

Best of luck
    Jamie
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    Welcome and Hello! I must say that this is really going to change your life in a huge way!! This site is the best!!! We have such great encouraging and friendly people here!!! That's what makes this a great place, and you'll find that you actually look forward to coming here daily to do your food dairy, meet new friends and read inspiring storys of people just like us! We are all here for each other and that makes a huge difference in wanting to make this lifestyle change, because it's a way of living not a "DIET". And what I love the most is that it's easy to get started, fun and you can go at your pace. Have Fun!! :)
  • messijessi112
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!!