Now that i'm not fat, I don't lose weight with exercise

Options
So I have always been normal weight...between the years 2007-2011 I gave birth to my three children..and each time I was left with 25-40 pounds to lose, and everytime I Lost it. I lost my weight by exercising 4-5 times a week, and making better food choices. I didn't count calories/carbs and the weight fell off of me each time. So everytime I get pregnant I am around 145 pounds, but I have always wanted to get down to 130...but have never really been in a hurry, because I am not fat at 145. (I am 5'8" but I have a small frame). Anyways, the only way I Lose weight at 145 is by eating no more than 100g of net carbs a day. I have tried counting calories, and exercising (and I wear a heart rate monitor), and net 1200 calories, and I still don't lose weight, I don't gain but I don't lose. I hate counting calories, and it's even more of a pain to count carbs...but its the only way my body loses weight at this size/now. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there another way to lose weight? I hate when people say "just exercise"...I'm sorry, that worked when I was fat, but not with these vanity pounds!

Replies

• AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercising do you do? Cardio, strength training, both?

I'm really good with my cardio, but terrible with working out/strength training. I'm almost at the point where I'm losing "vanity" pounds, too. From the research I've read so far it's a lot easier to lose weight if you incorporate strength training on top of your cardio in order to lose the last few pounds. Which is not what I want to hear - ha. I'd like to just run my way to the perfect body. No weights involved.The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn through out the day, too.

You might also try measuring your waist, hips, arms, neck, ect. You may not see a dramatic difference on the scale at first, but you could still see some inches come off as you tone.

Also, I know you have to up your cardio as you lose weight in order to get the same amount of calorie burn.

I hope this helps!