Ready to lose the weight for good... who is with me?!

Options
I have been on MFP for about 2 years off and on, but when I'm ON, I lose weight easily. When I'm off... well... lets not talk about that! But I'm tired of the seesaw.. back and forth.... I am ready to keep it off for good! I have recently accomplished a huge goal in my life which is to start nursing school (I start in March 2014!!) It's a highly competitive school with national accreditation and I am one of only 70 people to get in this year! If I can do that, then I can keep the pounds off, and I'm going to have to if I want to be the best nurse I can be! I am ALSO a married mother of 4 kids.. yes... FOUR! Natalia is 10, Nate is 8, Lila is 5 and Will is 3. I am fortunate to have an awesome husband that is pushing me to my goal and doing everything he can to see me succeed.

So if you are tired of yo-yo dieting and want to push yourself to stay on track, add me. Every single step I take on my jogs are a step toward who I want to be. If you don't take a step, you won't get there. Let's do it!

Replies

• newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I need support to stay motivated!
  • TWatson30
    Options
    I'm with ya!! I"ve been on MFP about 2 years also and for about a year consistanly and lost 30 lbs but didn't make it all the way. I;m doing a program thing but what I think is really helping me right now is telling everyone. It holds you accountable and I've noticed in the last 3 weeks I've been doing this I haven't wanted to cheat at all :)
  • ssrockslw4
    Options
    im with you. ive been struggling on and off since elementary school
  • karenhamman
    karenhamman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I lost 30 lbs. with MFP over a year ago and slowly put it back on (ugh!) I am back on track again - and by that I mean tracking everything. I've already lost 4 lbs this week and I'm in it for the long haul. I'd love to join you!
  • camperbc
    camperbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon,

You can count me in! I started here the last week of September, and have lost 32 pounds to date. I am married (for 28 years) with two grown daughters. We reside on a remote and breathtakingly scenic island located a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland. I am an avid nature/landscape photographer and collector of vintage/antique cameras.

When I last saw my doctor in September he informed me that my cholesterol was high, as was my blood sugar. Since suffering a severe and unfortunately permanent spinal injury while on the job nine years ago, (as a boat builder) my weight had been steadily creeping up, due to my being bedridden for most of those nine years. So since that day when I saw my doctor, I have been pushing myself to eat healthier, and to exercise... I even splurged and bought a new treadmill!

My goal is to be down to my ideal weight of about 170 pounds by the time I am to next see him (doctor) the last week of January. I am presently at 187 lbs; down from 219.5 lbs on September 25th. My highest recorded weight was 260 lbs, which was in early 2011, so I will have lost a grand total of about 90 lbs by the end of next month.

I wish you the best in all of your endeavours, and I bet you will make an outstanding nurse!! Please feel free to add me to your friends list.

Glen B. and family
    Fogo Island, Newfoundland
  • dawnmilner60
    Options
    count me in . I need to lose 2 stone x
  • squatmami
    squatmami Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me everybody ! Im totally with ya and have decided to give this clean eating a bash see if it works ? Lool lets do this !!!!
  • uviii15
    uviii15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    m with ya....m tierd of being called obese or insulin resistant..........m 16 n need my life easy n happy........once i lose wieght i'll kick pcos in *kitten*......
  • PattisonEK1987
    PattisonEK1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you--I just started over. I set up a new profile haha. I needed the clean slate!

Please add me!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I just came back on to accept a friend request (hi Liz) and am in the same boat. On, off, on, off... maybe this time I'll stick with it?
  • aimeegshelton
    aimeegshelton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Aimee & I've lost weight , gained it back, lost again, gained,. . . Have been on any "diet' program there is. The last one one was too expensive, although I did lose 100 pounds eating foods sent to me monthly in a cardboard box. That maintaining issue was a difficult thing for me. Especially with that nasty S word, called Stress! I'm eating real food like proteins & fruits & vegetables, and I can tell the difference in my body by not eating manufactured food. Like those with ingredients that you can't pronounce! I am so ready to get back to feeling better for good!:bigsmile:
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    I lost about 60 lbs with MFP a few years ago and of course put it back on with a few more lbs...I'm back now for good :) Feel free to add me!
  • carijen
    carijen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I know the only thing that really works for me is keeping a food diary. Need to commit to doing this every day!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Word of advice:

Intentions are always strong for people on weight loss journeys. That's good. Where it goes bad is when there's a lack of a SPECIFIC plan of action. In other words, with out a map, it's kinda hard to get to where you're going. So if you're really ready then you need to map out exactly how you're going to reach your goal being specific on how it's going to be achieved.
    If you just wing it and only count calories (good days and bad) it's likely you'll give up when you don't see results. Especially with high pressure from your schooling (my mom went to school to become an OBGYN nurse practitioner), lacking a plan of action will just make it easy to put it on the back burner again.
    Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the long haul this time. Lost 27 lbs. since mid September, 24 to go. MFP is so motivational when you read all the success stories. I've been a member awhile but just started actively posting. Good luck to everyone.
  • sharonhouse81
    sharonhouse81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! Seeing that the motivational posts and speaking with other mfp users has helped you stay on track is encouraging to me. Great job on the weight loss!! You're half way there!
  • sharonhouse81
    sharonhouse81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply :) I am just taking it one day at a time. If I can do what I can TODAY to lose the weight, then I have already achieved my goal. Every run I take, every healthy food choice I make, and every bottle of water I drink will bring results. After the dietician class I have taken (and obvious experience) I know what is good for my body and what is not... what will help me and what will hinder me. I have tried using exercise programs and I either get burnt out too fast or I get bored of the program. I know that I will not see immediate results because my weight gain was not immediate but acquired over time. And over time, I will lose it. I also want to live to see my grandkids... and eating healthy just for today (repeat daily) is helping me reduce my risk for diabetes, high bp and cholesterol, and blood clots. I know what you mean though... at one point the euphoria will wear off. But I hope that when that happens, I will look back at all these posts and get that motivation back. Thanks again for your reply, and I wish you luck with your journey!
  • witharebelyell
    Options
    I'm on board!!!
  • cat2111
    cat2111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With you all the way!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Let's do this! Anyone, feel free to add me and let's say goodbye to excess weight and hello to healthy living!