What do you burn during the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Just thought it might be fun to compare. I did Level 1 tonight (haven't done it in a LONG time because I lost my DVD) because I forgot my clothes for class. For my 27 minutes (including the cool down), my HRM said I burned 204 calories. I record only 90% of my calories to account for my BMR so I ate back about 184 calories of that.

It's been probably a year and a half at least since I've done that workout. In that time, I've done a lot of strength training and a LOT of cardio in that time (running and biking, including running a half marathon). The workout was still difficult. Less difficult than before, but still a good workout!

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You are getting a better burn than I. I got between 139 and 170 for it. I always get low burns though. What you did sounds very reasonable.
  • PSlosing29
    PSlosing29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This 30 Day Shred everyone talks about, is it the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    My HRM gives me 190-203 caloties burned for the 30 DS
    This 30 Day Shred everyone talks about, is it the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?
    Yes it is :smile:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Fat, duh.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    30 DS does have low calories burns....my theory is because it's the circuit interval training. If this was pure cardio it would be way higher. I'm on Level 2 Day 3 and I know that I am building strength and working muscles I haven't used in a while. Whatever the calorie burn is....it's sooo worth it!