First Day to a healthier life...

Options
Hi everyone! I've been browing the boards and everyone seems so possitive and supportive. I am starting today and I have really gotten off track over the past 3.5 years and have let me weight creep up to 35 -40 lbs. So, today I am embarking on this journey to lose it one pound at a time. I have tried every single diet out there more than once. Being unemployed and money being tight, it is wonderful to have this sight as a free service and also provide all the tools and support one needs to meet their weight loss goals.

My weakness in the past has been consistency, sticking with it even when I don't lose weight. Knowing that's my weakness, I will need to move past that wall and keep pushing forward. I am open to any advice anyone has with struggling with consistency.

Thanks for the support and I'm really excited to start and finally get healthy and stay healthy!

Kiki

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kiki! MFP is great for helping stay consistent at getting you to where you want to be. Good luck to you!
  • kdeaner
    kdeaner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • ninadreamsBIG
    Options
    I think that by starting TODAY, and not TOMORROW or NEXT WEEK, you're already well on your way!! :)
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome!! And i would say your lack of consistency is also the reason alot of us ended up where we did ;)
    One day at a time! WE can do it!

Good luck in your journey!
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm getting my butt back on track today too, so I know how you feel. Just one small step at a time! You'll do great!
  • d_stickman
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am also new here and have found everyone to be very supportive. I think we have come to a good place to achieve our goals! Best of luck to you. /Doug

P.S. Your writing sounds interesting too!!
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been browing the boards and everyone seems so possitive and supportive. I am starting today and I have really gotten off track over the past 3.5 years and have let me weight creep up to 35 -40 lbs. So, today I am embarking on this journey to lose it one pound at a time. I have tried every single diet out there more than once. Being unemployed and money being tight, it is wonderful to have this sight as a free service and also provide all the tools and support one needs to meet their weight loss goals.

My weakness in the past has been consistency, sticking with it even when I don't lose weight. Knowing that's my weakness, I will need to move past that wall and keep pushing forward. I am open to any advice anyone has with struggling with consistency.

Thanks for the support and I'm really excited to start and finally get healthy and stay healthy!

Kiki

I also struggle with consistency. You can add me as a friend if you would like. The more support the better!!!!!!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it...
  • kiki17
    kiki17 Posts: 16
    Options
    Gosh! The welcomes are overwelming! Thanks for the greetings and support you guys. I am very excited about this venutre together! Good luck to all of you in reaching your goals and thank you for the warm welcome. :O)
    kiki