fitbit for Christmas

Options
I see that one of my local stores is finally carrying a variety of fitbits. I am wondering which style you have and which styles you would suggest! Ready, set, go.... help me out on a possible gift for me!!! :happy:

Replies

• Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I see that one of my local stores is finally carrying a variety of fitbits. I am wondering which style you have and which styles you would suggest! Ready, set, go.... help me out on a possible gift for me!!! :happy:

Might want to repost this under the exercise / fitness board, since you posted this in the introduce yourself board. I hope there is someone out there who can help with this. I am in the same boat, been looking at them trying to decide too.
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    i've got fitbit flex, thought force should be much better. :) Pretty handy thing, you can sync it with MFP and it will add the calories you burned to your allowance.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I got a pre-loved Fitbit One as an early Christmas present and I really like it. Syncing it with MFP is easy, plus you can sync it to Walgreens and get more points! I like the fitbit site and use it in conjunction with MFP (all entries still done on MFP.)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search here you will find hundreds of posts on here with lots of opinions.
  • nyckolle
    nyckolle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started with a fitbit Ultra and loved it so much that when the flex came out I sold my ultra to get the wristband. I ended up getting a fitbit force. I love the idea of the wristband but it is not accurate at all. It counts everytime you move your arm (driving, eating, combing your hair.....). Now I have a Fitbit one and I love it.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I used to have a FitBit Ultra. I loved it. When I bought my boyfriend a One for his birthday we ended up getting me one as well and I sold my Ultra. I absolutely love it.
    I got a pre-loved Fitbit One as an early Christmas present and I really like it. Syncing it with MFP is easy, plus you can sync it to Walgreens and get more points! I like the fitbit site and use it in conjunction with MFP (all entries still done on MFP.)

You can sync it to Walgreens?! How and for what purpose?
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the new Fitbit Force. LOVE it!!! Has a display (also a watch) that shows my steps, calories burned, miles walked, etc... It is awesome!!! But it only works with certain "gadgets" (ipod 3, 4 and mini, certain iphones and samsungs). Check that info before you buy :)
  • Whereismycoffee
    Options
    Do all the Fitbits require a fancy smart gadget to work? I am clueless about them.
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to have a FitBit Ultra. I loved it. When I bought my boyfriend a One for his birthday we ended up getting me one as well and I sold my Ultra. I absolutely love it.

You can sync it to Walgreens?! How and for what purpose?

Walgreen's has an activity program where you earn points for logging your weight and exercise. Those points translate into Balance Rewards which translate into cash. I have almost $10 in rewards, although am not sure how to redeem them. :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Got the Flex in July, moved to the Force & love it.

Also can sync to EveryMove, Earndit, AchieveMint as well as Walgreens for points, discounts, cash & goodies. Also donate your calories burnt to the weightlossproject.org
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    i've got fitbit flex, thought force should be much better. :) Pretty handy thing, you can sync it with MFP and it will add the calories you burned to your allowance.

Ditto this
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do all the Fitbits require a fancy smart gadget to work? I am clueless about them.
    What do you mean? Fitbit IS the gadget
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've ordered the force, personally. It should be here...one day. /sigh
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    great gift! Love mine flex
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Proud FitBit One owner; I LOVE it.

Here's my profile in case anyone wants to send a FR via FitBit site:
    http://www.fitbit.com/user/259YYX
  • pettycoatjunction
    pettycoatjunction Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the input! Keep your opinions coming... there seems to be a fitbit for everyone!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Options
    What do you mean? Fitbit IS the gadget

Sorry I forgot to check back on my post. :embarassed: By fancy smart gadget I ment do they require a smart phone to work? Or can they just be used with a standard old fashion desktop computers. I keep hearing about syncing them up with smart phones.
  • cornica12
    Options
    no it should be able to wirelessly syn from your pc i use my pc just follow the directions or go to fitbit website they can help you.mine automatclu synced when i plug in the syned tongle.i have a fitbit one selling it to pay for something rlse
  • kevinhlc
    kevinhlc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got the force for Christmas. I'm hoping that it will get me motivated to lose 33 pounds. So far I've enjoyed the Force and it seems to be fairly accurate regarding my step count. I'm still learning about Myfitnesspal and The Fit in regards to how they collaborate with each other... Good luck everyone..
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the FItbit One, have had it for two years and love it! If this one dies, I would buy another one. No problems with it either.

Edited to add: I just noticed the original post was early December so I am sure you have one already. For some reason I thought you were buying yourself one after Christmas lol. I hope you are enjoying your Fitbit