strength training?

Options
If anyone has done body pump with goodlife, please respond! So when i enter in strength training for an hour it only says i burn 167 calories???? that is a hard class? is that accurate? because when i enter it in under circuit training it is 434? which is more accurate?!?1

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    If you have a HRM ,you can change the Cal count to meet your actual registered count from your HRM.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    According to another place on this web site, strength training is not given much calories because it varies so much. 30 minutes of strength training might be a sweat for one person and not for another. Their exact answer is:

A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate.
  • cilliest
    cilliest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am brand new here, but I am a BodyPump instructor with the Les Mills program. I am not sure what you mean by Goodlife. I can tell you that if you do all 10 tracks of BodyPump with a weight on the bar where you can just get through each track almost completely fatigued by the end, the statistics are you can burn up to 600 calories. And, having worn a BodyBug while teaching this class, I can say that I have at times burned more than that. However, while teaching I am talking and getting people excited about the track they are executing for the whole hour which I am sure can burn a few more calories than just being in the class.
    Hope this helps.