Is not vegetarian will certainly not fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been a strict lacto-ovo (meaning I eat eggs and dairy but no meat) vegetarian for over two decades now and it is quite possible to be very, very, very unhealthy on such a diet- obese even. Oh boy is it possible. Especially if you like cheese, chocolate and cream filled things. The fact that said foods are fried in vegetable oil instead of lard doesn't make the calories go away. Eating an entire container large of hummus is still too much (especially at 60-80 calories per 2 tbsps) and don't even get me started on pasta with alfredo sauce. Oh yes, it can be really easy to gain lots of weight on a vegetarian diet. Trust me. I've learned the hard way.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for 27 years. Was naturally strong with a hot bod. Then I started eating meat. Coincidentally, that is when my body went to pot. Slowing metabolism? IDK Then, when I was 37, I went back to being vegetarian for four months (an attempt to get back to my roots). With not eating meat, I dropped weight like crazy, while feeling light and energized. Sadly, my attempt failed as every meal cooked at home had some type of meat. Gained all the weight back, and fast. Blast it!!!!!
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian eating is not fat? Or eat certain things will have more meat with the same consequences?
    george-clooney-descendants.gif

lmao
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    You actually understood that?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    80/10/10 for life yo
    This!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    On the contrary - eating vegetarians made me fat.

Eating vegetarians do not make you fat. Eating too many vegetarians without burning off the extra calories will make you fat. The same rule applies to eating carnivores. Its okay to eat vegetarians and carnivores, so long as you can fit them into your calorie and macro targets.

Depending on the vegetarian and carnivore species you are eating, you might want to discuss the legal implications with a vegetarian and/or carnivore attorney in your jurisdiction.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Eating vegetarians do not make you fat. Eating too many vegetarians without burning off the extra calories will make you fat. The same rule applies to eating carnivores. Its okay to eat vegetarians and carnivores, so long as you can fit them into your calorie and macro targets.

Depending on the vegetarian and carnivore species you are eating, you might want to discuss the legal implications with a vegetarian and/or carnivore attorney in your jurisdiction.

I think eating cannibals would be more socially acceptable, although I don't know about the legal ramifications...
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Give the non-English speaker a break, he's trying.

I think I have worked this out - this is the "Goal:Gaining Weight" topic. I think the OP is advising people to eat meat to gain weight and not be a vegetarian. I could be way off though.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    george-clooney-descendants.gif
    [/quote]
    :laugh:
    [/quote]

... im so captivated I cant stop looking at that gif...what a expression XD
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I think eating cannibals would be more socially acceptable, although I don't know about the legal ramifications...
    I stand corrected - from now on I promise to only eat a vegetarian attorney if it fits in my macros.
    That's if a blood-sucker can be considered vegetarian....