Want Ad

Options
I weighed this morning and I am 250.4 pounds. My ideal weight for my height, age, gender, etc. is around 140-150. So, I am officially 100 pounds overweight. For this reason, I am hitting the ground running TODAY!

I have tried using myfitnesspal over a dozen times and haven't had much success. However, I think it's been because I haven't used this site for its intended purpose. When I have logged food in the past, I have only logged calories and that's it. I haven't kept track of anything else. When I have added friends for support, I was looking for someone to pat my back every single day and tell me what a great job I was doing. If one day went by and someone didn't respond "Great job!" then I would get discouraged and give up. (I know, that's lame. But I'm being honest with myself.) This time, I have to do something different.

With that being said, I have opened my diary up so friends can view my food intake and exercise. Starting today, I will log every bite of food that goes in my mouth. I also need a few reliable friends who can show me where I'm going wrong and teach me how to do things the right way. I don't want anyone to pat me on the back everytime I do something positive. I just need someone who will occassionally view my food and exercise log and either let me know I'm going in the right direction or let me know I've eaten one too many ice cream sandwiches (which I tend to do quite often...I know, I'm working on it.)

So, if anyone out there thinks they can help me, please feel free to add me. I really can't do this alone. I don't have the knowledge to do this alone.

Replies

• nobleh5
    nobleh5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello Friend,

I would be more than glad to help you.
    I also host a fitness accountability group on Facebook, are you on there?
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    sending you a friends request. I log daily and try to be very supportive to my MFP friends.
  • the_kirks08
    Options
    Hows it working out Sara?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hello Friend,

I would be more than glad to help you.
    I also host a fitness accountability group on Facebook, are you on there?

Just out of curiosity.... are you a BeachBody coach?
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I have logged everything since I started on Nov 24th. I love the stats and nutrition info I get out of it. I have a lot more to lose.

Friend me if you like, happy to help you in your quest.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You'll learn alot from the forums, I've learnt so much since being on mfp.

You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose yet too but Im taking it in tiny chunks instead of looking at the large amount
    I started this again on December 2nd so far I lost 12lbs
    the biggest bit of advice I can give you is be honest with yourself ultimately the only one you have to be accountable to is you
    I love to cook btw so if there is something you love to eat and want a lighter version of it I bet I have either made it or can find a way to make it