Protein Cocoa Latte

Options
SuperSexyDork
SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
I came up with this on Monday and have been drinking it with breakfast every morning since. It's simple to make and sooo rich and creamy with a nice nutritional profile (almost half of your DV of calcium)!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
1 packet No Sugar Added Hot cocoa (Swiss Miss)
1/2 scoop Vanilla protein powder (17 grams of Body Fortress Vanilla Creme for me)
1 1/2 cups hot coffee

Directions:
1. Place ingredients in a tall thermos in this order: milk, hot cocoa powder, protein powder, and coffee.
2. Shake thoroughly.
3. Enjoy!

Nutritional information for mine (will vary by type of milk and protein powder)
171 Calories
1.5 g Fat

1.4 g Saturated fat
0.1 g Monounsaturated fat
10 mg Cholesterol
268.3 mg Sodium
792.5 mg Potassium
17.4 g Carbs

1 g Fiber
7 g Sugar
21.6 g Protein
Vitamin A .2%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 48.8%
Iron 4.5%

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Will try it soon.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Sounds great. Will try it soon.

Let me know what you think when you try it :drinker:
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy:) I like making protein hot cocoa.
    1 scoop body by vi
    1 C almond milk
    cinnamon
    1-2 TBSP cocoa powder
    bring together in a sauce pan to simmer then pour into a mug. If coco has powder lumps strain into mug.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I do something very similar everymorning for breakfast,

Hot black coffee
    1 scoop chocolate protien powder
    1/2 cup 2% milk

(the key is to blend the milk and protein powder before adding it to the coffee, no one likes lumpy protein shakes)
    with the powder I'm using right now it's less than 200 cals, with almost 40 gm of protein to start the day.

When I've got the extra cals, I add a bit of Irish cream creamer. Such a treat!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Trying this! Thanks :smile:
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    going to have to try :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

Hot black coffee
    1/2 cup 2% milk

(the key is to blend the milk and protein powder before adding it to the coffee, no one likes lumpy protein shakes)
    with the powder I'm using right now it's less than 200 cals, with almost 40 gm of protein to start the day.

I've done this before and it always ended kind of gritty. Maybe it's just the brand of protein powder I was using.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Hot black coffee
    1/2 cup 2% milk

I've done this before and it always ended kind of gritty. Maybe it's just the brand of protein powder I was using.

The key is to mix the cold ingredients with the protein powder then add the coffee. I have my coffee like this every morning, except I use ON Gold Standard Whey Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing. I will definitely try it soon. Thanks for sharing!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

Hot black coffee
    1/2 cup 2% milk

The key is to mix the cold ingredients with the protein powder then add the coffee. I have my coffee like this every morning, except I use ON Gold Standard Whey Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.

I meant that I did it like that. I think it's just the Body Fortress brand powder.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress is pretty terrible for mixing. One reason why it's cheap.
  • I did this yesterday with chocolate protein and creamer. yummy..
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!!!