Birthday Party...

katm427
katm427 Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm supposed to be going to a birthday dinner at a friend's home tonight. The only food available will be pizza and cupcakes. Should I eat before going? I don't know what to do in this situation, and I don't want to derail my progress. Help!

Replies

• You could eat before you go. Do you know what kind of pizza it is going to be? If so you can always allot those calories for today and for the cupcake as well. But if you really don't want to eat the pizza then I would eat before that way you are full and if you eat really healthy before then you can have a cupcake if you want one without too much guilt! :smile:
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Very true, MickeyLeigh. I'm not sure where she's ordering the pizza from yet, but she told me that she would let me know all the details about it before I went. Hopefully, she tells me before I eat lunch so I can figure out if I should change my lunch around a bit. =P
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    If i were in your shoes, i definitely wouldnt want to eat any pizza OR cupcakes. But i also wouldnt want to seem out of place and make MYSELF feel unsatisfied, by completely limiting my choices and not eating anything at that party (that would only make me want it more!)
    So my solution?? Well there are a couple. One, i would eat before i go, something that will keep me full for the duration of the party, but allow myself one cupcake, so i don't feel unrewarded and have to deal with cravings and whatnot. Or two, eat only one slice of pizza and one cupcake, and adjust the rest of your meals and exercise for the day to accommodate your dinner.

But remember, it's not just calories you have to make sure you calculate, but it's also sodium and fat and carbohydrates. Eating the pizza and cupcakes, along with consideration to your other meals and exercise, might leave you under your calorie goal, but also could leave you way over your sodium, fat, and/or carb limits for the day, which are just as important as calories.

Think it over! Hope this helps! And remember, the food isn't the point of the party, it's the people you spend the time with :)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    This is what I think......

Enjoy a slice of pizza & a cupcake (you can even take off the frosting)

There are nights where my husband wants pizza. I just limit myself to how many slices. Before I would like 4 -5 Now I eat one slice & a half maybe two depending on calories. Than I eat a big side salad.

So bring a salad with you =)

I don't completely banished food - I just limit what I eat & I'm still losing weight =)
This discussion has been closed.