to run or not to run ?

Options
I have been doing the C25k successfully much to my surprise and now supposed to start week 7 but last night at my work out class I managed to do something to my shoulder. Tiger balm helps a bit but I am struggling to do normal things at work today, pushing the buggy using my left arm is completely out and carrying small children is a pain and a half.

Any advice also is yoga and pilates a bad idea ?

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about the impact of pilates, but yoga should help your shoulders. Just take it slow and easy.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Advil is your friend
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    I love pilates! I do the Pop Pilates videos on Youtube and they are intense. You will sweat up a storm and really get a work out. She has all sorts of videos to choose from so you can do full body work or pick a part of the body that you want to focus on if you don't want to involve your shoulder or anything.
  • dalguard
    Options
    Run
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran!
    Did not die :) I already do a pilates class each week been doing it since end of August , if I can wake up for once for yoga I'll give it a try again but hardly getting NY sleep so I think I need the lie in more.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Run your *kitten* off. I have never let injuries stop my - however - I have let them slow me down. Torn meniscus meant knee brace and slow so I could be careful with form. Dog maul meant slow and reminding myself to keep my arm up.

BTW, this is literal. I have a huge butt and running keeps it in check. And I do stretch a bunch after but it's neither yoga or Pilates. It's listening to my body and going slow...

Either way - good luck!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a run to loosen things up.

A couple double martini's works too...:drinker:
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I hate running ...but I have been making my way throug a C25K programme for a while and I am very delighted to see my pgress..but I still hate running - my least favourite type of exercise...and I hate that they have the running leg at the end of a tri...why is that horrible leg not the 1st one - get it over and done with before the fun legs (cycle and swim) come along?