How to log interval training on a stationary bicycle?

Options
I did a workout this morning of 30 minutes on my stationary bike. The first 5 minutes were warm up. Then, every 4 minutes I would go all out for a minute, then go slower for 3 more minutes. I did these intervals a total of 6 times. Then, I did 4 minutes of cool down at the end.

Any suggestions on how I should log this? I think I burned more calories than I would have just cycling without the intervals. Unfortunately, the battery is missing on this bicycle so I don't have any stats for distance traveled or speed to use, but I'd estimate that the warm up, cool down, and slow periods I was cycling 9-10 mph and the fast periods 14-16 mph. I suppose I could just log it as 6 minutes of the faster speed and 24 minutes of the slower.

What do you think?

Replies

• JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You can go into "Exercise" then under "database" they have a dropdown box on the right, it has stationary bike and then you can add all your info
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do not know how many calories I burned; I'm trying to estimate it with MFP. What I did for now was log 24 minutes moderate effort stationary bike, and 6 minutes vigorous effort stationary bike.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I do not know how many calories I burned; I'm trying to estimate it with MFP. What I did for now was log 24 minutes moderate effort stationary bike, and 6 minutes vigorous effort stationary bike.

Sounds good AND you know you burned something. If you ever hit a machine where they don't have the Heart Rate you can take your pulse for 10 seconds & multiply by 6 and it will give you your heart rate (ball park)