Suspended for this?!?!? WTH!!!

Options

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good thing they nipped this in the bud. That's how Hawkeye and Green Arrow both started and everyone hates those guys.

I hear they are going to go back and take Legolas out of the LOTR films because he is too violent with his bow.
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA

fkkn terrorist
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    When my son gets old enough to play with imaginary weapons, i'm going to teach him to pretend to lock them up in an imaginary cabinet so his friends can feel safe from being pretend hurted.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

That is completely ridiculous. Seriously. People are taking things way too far.

Don't know, parent groups pressured schools to create these policies, so in fact, that means these are the policies the parents want.

Otherwise, they'd have had them fixed years ago. No?

ETA - Never an excuse for the ignorant and childish fetishization and fear mongering of weapons of any sort. It's immature and a sign of underlying deviant behaviors. That administration should have a full psych eval and investigation.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Yup, this kind of thing sheds some light on how my "hyperactive" (read "normal") child with "behavioural issues" (read "creative, imaginative, independent, curious") got straight Ds on her first grade one report card. Yes, grade ONE. She's SIX. What a way to encourage and support a kind, bright, amazing little girl.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    When my son gets old enough to play with imaginary weapons, i'm going to teach him to pretend to lock them up in an imaginary cabinet so his friends can feel safe from being pretend hurted.

:love:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    And this is relevant to a health and fitness site because....?

You're in the "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" section. Don't like it? Don't read it. :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Someone got put on blast. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Good thing they nipped this in the bud. That's how Hawkeye and Green Arrow both started and everyone hates those guys.

I hear they are going to go back and take Legolas out of the LOTR films because he is too violent with his bow.

Violence against is oliphants is not a laughing matter. They're so endangered that I've never even seen ONE.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

I use bows and arrows to hunt food. Someone not being allowed to simulate that isn't right, because what if they don't like hunting after this?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What's next? Kindergartener getting suspended for saying "Oh YEAH? Well my dad can beat up YOUR dad!!!"
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    LMAO

Now this story is just freakin ridiculous...wow!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

You must be new here. Well, looks like you're not new to the forums. Now I'm confused. :huh:
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    *throws papers* I'm out!
    I seriously can't believe how ridiculous this has gotten! It's like people have no real grasp on reality. This little kid gets suspended, meanwhile, that boy from Texas who killed 4 people because he was driving drunk gets probation.... Gee, tell me again why the country is going down the toilet... Grrr.....
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yup, this kind of thing sheds some light on how my "hyperactive" (read "normal") child with "behavioural issues" (read "creative, imaginative, independent, curious") got straight Ds on her first grade one report card. Yes, grade ONE. She's SIX. What a way to encourage and support a kind, bright, amazing little girl.

Children shouldn't be getting grades until they are in High School. Kids need to develop strong social skills and basic knowledge before they need to be getting a D on their multiplication skills.

The ability to successfully interact with other people is far more valuable than almost anything else a child can learn.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't know, parent groups pressured schools to create these policies, so in fact, that means these are the policies the parents want.

Otherwise, they'd have had them fixed years ago. No?

[/quote]

An example of how good judgement is lost in order to appease the type of people who have nothing better to do than come up with this no tolerance line of thinking. I consider it extreme laziness. It makes it so much easier on the school administrators if they don't have to think about what a child did, what motivated them to do it, what their intentions were, and what course of action should be taken to correct it. No tolerance is being used blindly and stupidly to take the place where common sense use to be.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ <--- Flips table!

Here's another nannification stories:
    A deaf child named Hunter was pressured by the school district to change his sign language name because it looked too much like a gun:
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/28/13531342-deaf-childs-sign-language-name-looks-too-much-like-gun-parent-says-school-told-him
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    And some wonder why homeschooling is so popular! Right now my boys are running thru the house pretending to shoot each other! Then once they all pretend to die they get up and do it again! Oh wait they are using lego's! Look out! lol :wink:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Schools definitely go way over board these days. I saw on the news last night where a five year old boy got suspended from school (out of school suspension) for sexual harassment for kissing another student- REALLY!! Totally crazy- when they are this young they don't necessarily understand all of the things that they are being accused of- hence why they are in school! The school system needs to be more understanding and take the time to explain why it's wrong and move on. Fortunately for the little boy above, the school received so much guff that they removed the words "sexual harassment" from his permanent record and just put in misconduct- still not great, but not so awful as the other. Crazy!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I seriously can't believe how ridiculous this has gotten! It's like people have no real grasp on reality. This little kid gets suspended, meanwhile, that boy from Texas who killed 4 people because he was driving drunk gets probation.... Gee, tell me again why the country is going down the toilet... Grrr.....
    [/quote]

^This! Plus in Canada too they locked up kids inhalers at school and a boy died because the person with the "key" was not in the office when his friends carried him there during his asthma attack!

Whole world is getting out of hand!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Here's another nannification stories:
    A deaf child named Hunter was pressured by the school district to change his sign language name because it looked too much like a gun:
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/28/13531342-deaf-childs-sign-language-name-looks-too-much-like-gun-parent-says-school-told-him

WOW!!! *SMH