Has losing weight changed you?

Options
Are you the same kind of person? Do you have the same traits and personality or have you changed at all? Were you shy and now you're not? Did you have anxiety and now you don't? Or did you lose weight and were exactly the same, but smaller? Share your experience!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I care more about my overall apearance now. I've gotten a little more vain, but I think I've gotten more shy. All the looks/conversations I get compared to before can overwhelm me at times.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I just became more of the person I was before. Whereas before I was too shy and had too low self-esteem to allow myself to be me, now I feel freer to be myself. I discovered through my journey more of myself and I gained confidence not through the numbers dropping but through the determination, persistence and constant challenge I had to go through to achieve my goal. My personality is the same, I'm just happier because I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish. But I didn't just work on my fitness and eating throughout the journey, I had a lot of mindset work to get through as well and it was doing that more than working out and eating right that's gotten me to where I am today! :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm less bitter (I used to think that all those who weighed less than me were bit*hes... but it was me that was the bit*h!!)
    I'm happier
    I'm still shy, but a little more outgoing and active.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    In more ways than one....I know realize my value and no one will ever mistreat me again. I also hated shopping before but now I love to shop and buy all the cute size small clothes.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. I was a b____ before too. :laugh:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

You're hilarious. I'm glad we're pals. :laugh:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

You're hilarious. I'm glad we're pals. :laugh:

Me too. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm very different. I negotiate much better and don't tolerate poor treatment. I set boundaries with family members where before, I had virtually no boundaries.

I'm also very picky when it comes to clothes now. Before, I wore whatever fit, albeit, poorly. Now, I make sure things look good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I feel that I am pretty much the same after losing 100 lb.

I have more confidence. I also have less anxiety in some ways. I used to dodge full-length mirrors, hide from cameras, sit in the chair without arms, fidget with my clothing, etc. Now I don't do those things.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm an uppity b*tch now and find I am too good for just about everyone; I also have to stop and check out every mirror.

But really, I am much happier and more open than I was before and I have a better sense of self and more love for myself and others now. (Okay, and I do flex in mirrors sometimes.)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just got more crazy!
    Crazy organised! Getting up crazy early! Getting drunk crazy fast!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've completely changed this year. I went from not wanting to go out, hating my body, not fitting in clothes, etc to a happier and more confident person. I wrote on my personal blog every single day this year and completely see the difference in my attitude and lifestyle from January to December. It's amazing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same. The biggest change is that I don't avoid having pics taken anymore.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    not really.
    perhaps a little bump in the self esteem department, but i blame that on my wonderful FL 110%.
  • Alonzo_Harris
    Options
    I didn't change. Not exactly sure why I would though. It's just weight. Obviously I feel better about my appearance, but other than that...same.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

But really, I am much happier and more open than I was before and I have a better sense of self and more love for myself and others now.

I feel this way too!!

I also notice that I'm a lot more open to making new female friends, and they seem much more interested in befriending me (I'm talking about in "real life", not just on this website). At first it kind of bugged me because I felt like people who may have written me off for being fatter are starting to see me as more of a "normal" chubby woman instead and feel that I'm acceptable size wise. But now as time goes on, I think it's probably 1 part that and 5 parts me being friendlier and more open!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yes. And it isn't all good, either.

I spend WAY more time looking at myself in the mirror. I don't have anxiety attacks when I see a scale (like at the dr. office).
    I also compare myself to other people more, like, was I ever THAT big? I am also not afraid of doing physical things, like walking long distances, climbing, etc. when before, I couldn't sit down on the floor because getting up again was too difficult.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I'm lighter.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I feel sexy much more often now. I don't avoid having my picture taken. I'm more confident. Oh yes, and I'm cold all the time now without the extra padding.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I care more about myself than ever.