High protein lifestyle friends wanted with 100+ lbs to lose

I have recently returned to MFP after taking a break for a few months. I was getting very frustrated because I was not having any significant weight loss. My weight would yo-yo constantly. But recently I changed to a low carb/high protein/high fat lifestyle and I am searching for others that are eating this way, and have over 100 lbs to lose. I have already lost 7 lbs by eating this way.

Please feel free to add me if you meet the criteria. :)

Replies

• kenkl
    kenkl Posts: 26 Member
    Same here. For years, I was mountain-biking four or five times a week (an hour+ each time), but could never break 250lbs (113kg) - hint: poor food choices the whole time. I was recently introduced to the Paleo diet and found myself reading A LOT of stuff at r/paleo and r/keto. I'm solidly in the high-fat/moderate protein/low carb lifestyle now, having lost a bit over 10lbs (4.5kg) in the past 20-odd days. I still miss peanut-butter sammiches (with honey), but the payoff is more valuable.

I only just started perusing the forums here, so I guess this is my introduction post. What the heck.. I'll add ya. :smile:
  • nk2710
    nk2710 Posts: 13 Member
    I only have aboout 50 or 60 to lose, but am on Herbalife/high protein diet. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on every day :smile:
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    I know what you mean by poor food choices. I was staying within my caloric range but, obviously, I wasn't eating the right foods. I have since cut out all sugar and starches, which hasn't been easy especially since I went through withdrawals. I stuck with it and find myself feeling better. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    I guess I'm too late. Already lost 100 pounds :)
    Low carb high fat. Not high protein. Too much protein gives me *kitten* breath. My wife is quick to tell me too. :bigsmile:
  • Byemyfatself
    Lol!!! I drink a lot of coffee so that tends to help some with the *kitten* breath. Congrats on losing 100 lbs!!! I bet you feel great!!!
  • kenkl
    kenkl Posts: 26 Member
    I know what you mean by poor food choices. I was staying within my caloric range but, obviously, I wasn't eating the right foods. I have since cut out all sugar and starches, which hasn't been easy especially since I went through withdrawals. I stuck with it and find myself feeling better. :)

Yes! I quit drinking a while ago, and was struck by the way cutting carbs feels much like cutting alcohol - cravings/urges are very similar. I've concluded that carb-withdrawal is a close cousin to alcohol-withdrawal. Both are cheap/empty calories, so it makes sense to me. Back in the day, I didn't even track calories - I had this misguided notion that I could eat whatever I wanted so long as I kept hitting the trails. That was an error.

Now that I'm doing keto/paleo, I've found that I actually can eat as much as I want - hunger works better without the sugars messing with my insulin levels.
  • Byemyfatself

Yes! I quit drinking a while ago, and was struck by the way cutting carbs feels much like cutting alcohol - cravings/urges are very similar. I've concluded that carb-withdrawal is a close cousin to alcohol-withdrawal. Both are cheap/empty calories, so it makes sense to me. Back in the day, I didn't even track calories - I had this misguided notion that I could eat whatever I wanted so long as I kept hitting the trails. That was an error.

Now that I'm doing keto/paleo, I've found that I actually can eat as much as I want - hunger works better without the sugars messing with my insulin levels.

And right you are!! I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) issues, so this eating lifestyle is actually best for me. If I eat too many starches and sugars, my body releases an overload of insulin and drops my blood sugar drastically. I've known this for a while, so it's my own stupidity for not eating this way. :)
  • LOL at the *ss breath! LOL
  • I'm hitting 200g of protein a day (or trying to get close) and I have 113 left to lose!
  • Started my MFP journey with 125 to lose. I currently have 99 to lose! Protein is the name of my game! Feel free to add me. and that goes for anyone on this post really. :)
  • Byemyfatself
    Yayyy!! I have new friends!! :)
  • Byemyfatself
    I'm hitting 200g of protein a day (or trying to get close) and I have 113 left to lose!

200g of protein? You rock!!! I'm doing good if I can manage 100g, but I'm trying to increase it.
  • Byemyfatself
    LOL at the *ss breath! LOL

I know... I literally laughed out loud :)