Saggy boobs?

Options
After nursing 2 kids, I have beavertail boobs (you know what I'm talkin' about ladies) instead of the perky ones I had earlier. So my question is this: is there anyway to firm up the chest area? I have a b cup, and I know they wont be as nice as they were a while back, but do they at least firm up? Is there any excersize that will help? Thanks

Replies

• lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure as I don't have kids...but my chest (aka my armpit fat/extra boob overflow) is one of my trouble areas. Pushups of almost any variety are one of the best exercise for firming your chest area. Also if you have Pinterest...search for the tank top arms workout...it is a killer (especially when you do multiple circuits) and has some great exercises for muscles attached to that area.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sadly.. I don't think so. I have the same problem as well and I don't think anything will really help. If it does, then it probably wont do anything noticeable. Be proud, you nursed two babies and that is more beautiful than any boobs will ever be :)
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have one child which i nursed but im sure that weightloss has affected them most! Went from a full C to a barely B. But some serious strengh training has helped. Ive been lifting heavy weights for the last 6 months and i have noticed changes from that time.Anyone else?
  • FranStar93
    FranStar93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    collagen cream!! and pec exercise
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahaha
    Beavertail boobs.
    Let me know if you figure it out.
    I need a belt to tuck them into rather than a bra at this point.
    Good luck to you.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I have one child which i nursed but im sure that weightloss has affected them most! Went from a full C to a barely B. But some serious strengh training has helped. Ive been lifting heavy weights for the last 6 months and i have noticed changes from that time.Anyone else?

I'm a guy but yes I completely agree. Bench pressing and heavy weight bench pressing over 3-6 months can fight the sag. Years has a really dramatic affect. I would say it is better than surgery.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    okay let's be realistic here...

Pre baby I was a small b cup....got pregnant....went to a C cup, breast fed, stayed pretty big for 20 years...yo yo'd between 165-205....mostly in +180lbs...for almost 20 years...

Have lost 50+lbs, back down to a b cup...Yah...

Been lifting heavy for 1 year...

Benching does not help saggy boobs...it builds up your pecs muscles...yes but your breast are not muscle they are fat and glands...

you know what helps a good bra or surgery...that's what helps...I went for the good bras because only a couple people are gonna see my girls...me and I am fine with them the way they are...and my husband and he's just happy he gets to see boobs on a regular basis...
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I have no idea what your routine is, but I believe in the bench press because it dramatically made my chest flat. Fat you have to burn off. If you have excess skin on the boobs well that I could understand as a problem. But the fat should be burned first.

I'm not going to argue of course because I am not a female. I don't know how bad it is, I just know I was a fat kid with man boobs and without bench pressing, I would of had boobs all my life. The years I added, pulled the nipples way back and the fat was burned through a lot of exercise and diet. It certain worked for me when I lost 75 lbs. at that age. It still works today even with my current weight.

Far as heavy lifting I do, it has always been over my body weight. I was 190 lbs, doing 300+ lbs bench presses. I was doing lots of reps with 225 lbs. and then up past 300 after those sets. So the affect on my chest would be different if I was doing under my body weight but I wasn't.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Do what you can to strengthen your chest wall and keep the skin tight but there isn't too much that will help. Unfortunately, it will get worse as you get older. Much of the breast tissue used in producing and delivering milk eventually closes off and gets absorbed by the body so that a few years after menopause your breast tissue will be almost all fatty tissue (I had my mammogram a few months ago and I am at almost 100% now).
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    There are no muscles in boobs, thus there is no exercise you can do to change their shape. Improving the pecs upon which they sit will raise them a bit, but honestly they are what they are. And really, who cares. After two kids they are supposed to sag. Fix the things you can fix, accept the ones you can't.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I met a lady who was like 50 years old and had the most perky natural boobs. Her method was putting them in ice. lol worked for her!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue isn't affected by exercise or any topical creams. If they're sagging now, they are going to always sag unless one goes the route of surgery and there's nothing wrong with that if someone prefers to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Don't have any kids but my experience from losing about 70 lbs and seven cup sizes is that mine got a bit less saggy with time (been at about the same size for two years now). I lost the weight slowly and with a considerable amount of exercise and I gave them a little massage with body butter or oil after showering about twice a week - can't tell if that had any effect obviously but at least it didn't hurt I suppose.

Edited to add that a good and fitting bra probably helps as well.
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you know what helps a good bra or surgery...that's what helps...I went for the good bras because only a couple people are gonna see my girls...me and I am fine with them the way they are...and my husband and he's just happy he gets to see boobs on a regular basis...
    LOL This^^ I have nothing to add to this thread, but it made me chuckle this a.m. Thanks.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Pre baby I was a small b cup....got pregnant....went to a C cup, breast fed, stayed pretty big for 20 years...yo yo'd between 165-205....mostly in +180lbs...for almost 20 years...

Have lost 50+lbs, back down to a b cup...Yah...

Been lifting heavy for 1 year...

Benching does not help saggy boobs...it builds up your pecs muscles...yes but your breast are not muscle they are fat and glands...

But the bigger, more defined pectoral muscles combined WITH the good bra look better than just the good bra alone. Pec cleavage for the win.
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    you just gotta live with them. years ago i was an exotic dancer n yes there were single moms that i worked with n they all had saggy boobs n the guys didnt care . they liked them for them. i had a boob job almost 6 years ago n had a baby a year ago . well they get smaller n smaller everyday but the implant is still in there. sometimes my heart drops cause it feels like it mightve popped. lol but no theyre just deflating i guess. if i had the money to get them removed i would, even if it meant living with orangutan boobs . you just have to accept your body because men will want you as long as ur happy with yourself and women will hate too.