Holy Basil

Options
Anyone take this supplment? I was watching Dr. Oz, and it's supposed to help flatten the stomach? I guess, it's related to stress as well.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The almighty Dr Oz strikes again with one of his magical fat cures! All hail the great and wonderful OZ!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Smells great, is awesome in Thai food, but I seriously doubt it shrinks your fat or stomach or any other ozian Miracle. ;)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Suggestion:
    Stop listening to Dr. Oz
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Holy basil is also known as Tulsi. I don't know about it flattening your stomach but there are so many other things it is great for!

Why is Tulsi Tea So Good For You? (wildflowerapothecary.com)

Tulsi is a powerful adaptogen. In other words it helps the body to resist stress. Those suffering with stress related conditions may consider drinking three to four cups a day.
    Tulsi is a natural sleep aid – it is important, however, to avoid those blends that include other forms of tea containing caffeine. Tulsi boosts the immune system. Regular drinkers report a far lower incidence of succumbing to common illnesses such as colds.
    This herb is absolutely packed with free radical fighting anti-oxidants and beneficial phytochemical compounds.
    It can help to maintain healthy eye-sight.
    Assists in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
    Offers improved joint support.
    It possesses anti-inflammatory properties and is therefore beneficial to those suffering from IBS, Chrohn’s disease and digestive disorders.
    It improves levels of stamina.
    Regular drinkers have a lower than average incidence of gum disease. It also helps to combat bad breath.

You can read much much more about it here http://organicindia.mercola.com/tulsi-tea.aspx

I drink about two cups of tulsi tea a day and really enjoy the flavor ;)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    oh holy basil the sauce is brightly flaaaavored...it is the night of our dear meatball's debut. Bow on you knees and smell the garlic bread.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    The almighty Dr Oz strikes again with one of his magical fat cures! All hail the great and wonderful OZ!

yeah, and it doesnt help that I believe everything i see on TV LOL oh, and what a cute photo, that kitten looks so cute