Fitbit and MFP exercise ?

Options
I have just started using my Fitbit Force and have a question pertaining to calorie input on MFP. I apologize ahead of time if this has been answered multiple times.

Do I need to add my workout calories to MFP now that I have my Fitbit linked?

Such as, do I need to add "elliptical trainer" to the exercise menu or just let the Fitbit add calories?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Are you following MFP's eating plan or Fitbit's or something else? Did the Fitbit seem to recognize your elliptical workout with some calorie burn? Some ellipticals it does, some not. If your arm was stationary, it might not. I believe that if it did, you would not log it on MFP, too, if you have the Fitbit adjustments turned on and things synching. But I don't use MFP so hopefully someone will confirm.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Do not manually add your exercise unless your Fitbit hasn't recognized it. If your Fitbit is not recognizing your workout, or only intermittently recognizing it, you may want to take your Fitbit off for the duration of your future elliptical sessions and log that time manually, so as not to overestimate your burn by counting some of your effort twice.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response, that is exactly what I was wanting to know!

I use MFP for everything food wise since I have all of my meals saved or handy to add. I plan, this is my second day of having it, to use the Fitbit for calories/activity and sleep tracking. Since I have the two synced, all the food calories I add here show up there, how awesome!?

Again, thanks for the help.