Christmas Parties

Options
Question ... I have a Christmas party tomorrow night with dinner catered ....... I am on a regular clean eating diet and find that when I go off the path just a bit my body kicks me big time..... Just wondering what everyone else would do when it comes to the dinner.... I can not eat pork and I don't know what exactly is on the menu other than sour cabbage rolls and porgies... should I eat first before I go....... Ahhh help

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Most foods don't bother me so at my Christmas party I enjoyed every dish served.
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    well that is no help.... :tongue:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yes eat first before you go.:flowerforyou:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go.

That's what I'm going to do, but for different reasons. We are going to a fancy restaurant and I'm picky so everything looks gross.
  • brandierich
    Options
    thank you ladies :happy:
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I'm with the eat before you go thing. If anyone asks just say you have a food allergy and you weren't quite sure how things were prepared.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go.

Personaly I would go and eat everything.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Let me put it this way, I am a PT and had my xmas party last night. There was all sorts of "naughty" carbs and fats hidden in things like bread and dips, pizza, capers etc. Everyone ate them. They also had a few drinks (some more than a few). I'll check with the others but I don't think anyway woke up fat today.
  • brandierich
    Options
    its not that I am scared of waking up fat ... I know that is not going to happen.... Just scared of the selection that they may have and my eating habits not working together ... if you looked at the top of the page you would see this
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    the problem is "clean eating".
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    if youre worried eat before you go...dont worry about food its just food...have fun relax have a cocktail or 6. unless its work then i suggest 10

kidding only 1-2 drinks at work events. dont puke in front of your director of nursing like i did :embarassed:
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    do as you wish, id probably end up eating at the party even if i tried to eat before it and then i would feel twice as guilty. personally id just eat at the party in good portions
  • brandierich
    Options
    what is the problem with this....
  • chrisdavey
    Options

your perception of foods as good or bad. Exclusive dieting.
  • brandierich
    Options

your perception of foods as good or bad. Exclusive dieting.
    no..no..no.... ok maybe clean eating is not the right way to say it ... I DO eat my fair share of things that are not good for me don't get me wrong.... my main fear my protein I guess I should have worded that differently .... I can not eat pork!!!! at all I get sick!!! and I have to have protein!!!!! I am just worried that with my luck all that is really going to be there is pork for protein with of course porgies and sour cabbage rolls ... ok all this is making my tummy hurt already (bloat and gas!!!!)
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    If I were YOU I would eat before going !! You could also pack a quest bar or 2, just in case !
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    We had all you can eat prime rib and smothered chicken with cheesecake, chocolate pie, and key lime pies for desserts.

Eating before we went would have been an EPIC fail.

I ate half a cow and weeks worth of her milk...
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Mine is tomorrow night, too, and I plan on eating whatever I want....and drinking, too! To each their own, though.
  • becomeanewme
    Options
    Then don't eat anything that has pork in it. If it's catered there has to be some sort of vegetable or something. Maybe a vegan dish? Just make better decisions. Bring a protein bar with you and if there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can eat that would satisfy you until you got home then find a moment to step outside and take a few bites of the bar. Focus more on the socializing and less on the food and even if you don't get to eat much I bet it won't matter as your mind will have been on the fun you were having.

Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    aah gotcha.

Well, I'd probably just have a protein shake before you go. I'm a bit OCD about protein intake as well but just have to remember that your muscles won't fall off in a day :smile: Especially if you eat around maintenance.