Diet Coke cake

Options
So ive decided to make the weight watchers receipe for diet coke cake

one box of pillsbury reduced sugar chocolate cake
one can of diet coke

Ive looked to log it in on here and it seems to be different calories for each receipe though some are exactly the same. Then online it said 480 calories per cake pan so im wondering does anyone have an idea what the real calorie count may be? I want to log something but it seems all the calories are different.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I will say stay way from the Diet Pop and the cake. NO good for you at all :-)
  • oupridefan25
    oupridefan25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The real calorie count should be exactly what you put into the cake. So because the diet coke has zero calories, the only ones you should need to worry about are the ones in the cake. You can figure out how many are in a serving by dividing the calories by how many pieces of cake you cut. I hope this helps.
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed is that it depends on the cake mix for the calories.Try to figure out from the box with out
    all the other stuff added..Good luck..I think I will try it with angle food cake tonite>>:happy:
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If it's entire ingredient list is diet coke and the boxed cake mix, just look on the box, and add in the sodium for the diet coke. If (as I suspect) it also includes eggs and oil, put those values in. Cooking doesn't magically alter nutritional values, adding the ingredients together works just fine!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i googled "pillsbury reduced sugar chocolate cake" and it brought me to pillsbury's website....
    the nutritional value on the box says 1/12 of the package is 150 calories....i called the number for pillsbury and they said they content info on the box is for only the product in the box, not what you add to it.....soooo you would take 1800 calories for the cake mix add 0 calories for the diet soda and then you have a total of 1800 calories divided by the number of servings you end up making the cake...if you slice it 12 equal pieces than the dessert without anything but the cake mix and the diet soda is only 150 calories, if you cut smaller it would be less calories, if you cut them bigger it will obviously be more calories per serving....let us know how it turns out....
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    mfp has a new recipe counter section too....it is very helpful... you should check it out...
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bluiz nice research :). Thats what I figured but I had to make sure. I dont drink soda at all and since ive started to eat better I feel as though I will die without cake :).. its all I ever think about. I cant just cut it out cause then I will end up eating a whole pan. So I remember hearing about this receipe at a pot luck awhile back.Its super odd but works great!

1 Box of your choice cake, I just happened to use the pillsbury reduced sugar but it works with any mix
    1 can of diet coke (I used only 10 oz out of the can)

and thats it! Spray baking pan and cook at degrees till you can stick fork in and nothing comes out. Mix wll be real thick. I used Fat Free cool whip as my "icing". And I just added it to the piece I was eating not the whole cake! This cake is good cold too. You can also eat the vanilla cake with orange soda and OMG :).

They say use dark soda for dark cake and light for lighter cake. Dont over cook cause then it crumbles. Anyone can google diet coke cake and a ton of receipes will come up.

BTW..I didnt come up with this so if you try it and dont like it or it doesnt work for you then sorry!
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OHH.. and I dont know about angel food cake! Maybe 7 up? Guess its an experiment! :wink:
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    OHH.. and I dont know about angel food cake! Maybe 7 up? Guess its an experiment! :wink:

There's a normal cake called 7-up cake and it is TASTY.