Good things to eat for lunch?

Options
I have breakfast and dinner down but for lunch, I have no clue what to eat!I don't have any good ideas and tuna gets old after awhile! Do you guys have any ideas on what to eat for lunch? This may be a really dumb question but lunch always gets me. Also, I am cutting at the moment to lose weight

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pacific soups, imagine soups...I like to consume my salt and carbs at work. These brands are hearty enough to keep me from eating out. Healthy leftovers from dinner are my favorite lunches.
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? I eat their low carb whole wheat tortilla wraps, a low fat mozzarella stick, turkey breast, and their greek yogurt spinach and kale dip as a wrap. So good and tons of protein. They also have great ready-to-eat salads. I like their cilantro dressing that's in the refrigerated section. Have you tried EVOL burritos and bowls? They are a good, easy lunch for those days that you need something fast.
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sautéed white haddock is my ultimate FAVORITE!!! I will add extra virgin olive oil and a garlic glove in a frying pain and add white haddock and boiled broccoli (one of the best vegetable to clean out your system) and that's it! I try and limit my rice (though I had some today and it was whole wheat)

OR canned tuna with a spinach salad with Italian dressing

OR another one of my favorites, eggs whites, hot sauce, and brussel sprouts!!!

I completely cut bread from my diet or anything with flour.
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No, sadly there is no Trader Joe's near me :(
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    well mexican food without tortillas, chips or rice or beans, but indulge on the salsa.
    Cobb salad
    Smoked salmon
    pineapple chuncks or mango
    seaweed
    tea, water, seltzer water (vons/safeway brand)or coconut milk without all that sugar
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I love salads - I grill lots of chicken to last me all week - SAVES TIME in the KITCHEN

- I throw the chicken in salads
    - make stir fries
    - wraps
    - chicken bake ,salsa,veggies,mexican 4 cheese with spices, black beans
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Large pot of soup this time of year is perfect for lunches
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going with my standby for when I don't have something pre-prepared to take to work. I stop by the supermarket on the way in and pick up an olive ciabatta roll, an avocado, a tomato and about 50g each of shaved turkey and jarlsburg and eat half of everything for lunch. Then I save the other half for the next day. It's pretty filling, but surprisingly not too heavy on the cals. :)
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also eat a lot of soups. There are great recipes on skinnytaste.com
  • jcyearwood
    jcyearwood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can make salads up for a week, divide them into Mason jars with the airtight screw lids, and store them in the refrigerator. Put the wet stuff like lean meat and fat free salad dressing on the bottom, then fill with greenery. When you get ready to eat them, just shake them up. Easy, convenient, good for you, and beats hell out of a $15/pound overbaked hamburger on 700 calories of dry bread.