SAHMs 8/23 - 8/29

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Hello! I'm Cristina =)

Mother of 2 daughter - 2yr old & a almost 9 month old. I'm also any Army Spouse/Army Reserve Veteran.
    Currently we live in KY but next spring we are moving to GA. Which means 2 hours away from the beach. So that is one of my motivations of getting into shape. Also I also been wanting to do a renewal of vows because I never had a wedding and since we'll be close to family...our time in GA will be the perfect time to do it especially if my husband may no longer get deployed.

I'm a few lbs away to being my pre pregnancy weight before my first daughter. Pregnancy w/ my 2nd daughter I actually lost weight lol. The rest of the weight I would like to lose once I reach my pre pregnancy weight is the effect from marriage.
    Use to be 135 but I would be perfectly fine in the 140's because to me that is "skinny" & healthy. I don't need to me smaller than a size 8. When I was 18 I use to think size 8 was big and that I needed to lose weight. Now I realized how wrong I was.

My daughters were born via c-section. So I have that c-section belly flap issue. After I'm done having kids, I may consider a tummy tuck and a breast lift/implants.
    My mother recently had a tummy tuck. She use to be over 200lbs. Got down to 130's and got her operation done. Does seem weird at times to see my mother with a flat stomach lol. All my life she had a belly that she would call "momma's pillow" and now it's gone lol

My current weight is 163 and I'm hoping to see the 150's by Sept 13th. My husband thinks I can do it by the rate I've been losing weight & now that he is changing his life style too, I have that extra support at home.

The workout program I'm doing is Insanity. Today is day 48! I was going to take a month off and than start month 2 (of course during that month do another type of exercise) but I have decided to jump right in round 2. Been seeing great results and with Fall/Winter coming up, I NEED clothes (I was pregnant last fall/winter). So I would like to buy clothes that I'm able to wear for awhile vs a few weeks lol. As a reward to myself every time I finish Insanity, is to have a mini shopping spree. =)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi girls! just barely skimmed thru last week's posts....

katie--need more info on p90x--just ask away. plus there are lots of good coaches all over the boards. :)

welcome new girls!

we are off to Park City, UT this AM. back Thur night.

and as for yelling--YEAH, screaming at them while i'm naked that IT'S MY TURN TO TALK AND THEY BETTER BEHAVE ON THIS TRIP, YADDA YADDA. real progress, huh?
    we have a talking stick--now i just gotta use it as a matter of course. thanks for the well wishes. i know i'm in good company as i work on improving this very important part of our family dynamic.

gotta run! BE YOUR BEST!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    GM everyone!

Stacey have fun in Park City! As long as you are working on the yelling....lol...my family is always a work in progress!

Katie- That is way cool that you are teaching yourself to teach the piano...I have actually started taking voice lessons from my neighbor for free!

Welcome Cristina! This is a great group of ladies!

I can't believe school starts next week already for us. Today is the offical start of fall sports practice!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day of school for my son. My daughter is lost without him now! It's really cute though; she'll go to each door and ask if bubba is home yet. :)
    Anyway, a new week, new goals! I screwed myself at lunch today so I have to watch it for the rest of the week. My birthday is Saturday and hubby is taking me to Mexican for supper! Maybe if I actually did some exercise, things will be better.

Have a good day ladies!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Don't have much time to myself right now the little ones are going a CAARRAAAZZZZY! Just wanted to nip in and say hello to every one. I will be back later. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Stacey~if I have any ?'s I will let you know.

Nicole~it is fun to learn how to play but nerve wracking at times too.

Welcome to the new comers!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome all those I missed in the last post. Life has been crazy, but it generally is in the holidays. Welcome to Cristina too! It was lovely to hear your story! I hope you succeed in your goals!

My wonderful little girls (2 and 3) are lacking structure to their days in the holidays and I think this might be what is making them so strange. They don't usually run away from me in shops and stuff and Grandma (who usually comes with us in the holidays) is also being driven crazy. Maybe its just the usual 2 and 3 year old behaviour but I need to do something about it. DD1 will get her free nursery sessions this year which means she gets 15 hours of nursery free. That covers the time that I work (just part time - 2 days) so that means I have 3 days with them (Mon, Tues and Wed). Do you think it would be incredibly control freaky of me to make up a loose timetable so that there is an activity every morning and afternoon? Maybe drawing and colouring one day and a trip out the next day? Or is that too organised? It means that I could schedule in for myself times when I can do the washing and stuff. Do you guys all have a weekly routine?

Well today is going to be jam packed again! We have toddler group this morning which I promised them they could go to (and it gives me a chance to have a chat!) and then I have to attempt the supermarket this afternoon. If its nice I am hoping we can visit the park that they have near there since its new and different and exciting! THen I will arrive back home exhausted and try to fit in the P90X Yoga workout before cooking dinner and sending my hubby out to his Bible group. While he is doing that I will have to do some school work cos we go back next week and I am not prepared yet!

Stacey - its good that you recognise it and are working on it though! I really have to work on calming down because I can see my children imitating my behaviour and it doesn't look pretty! e.g I growl when I am angry and now my 3 yr old does it too!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    GM ladies!

Princess- I think that is a fabulous idea of scheduling activities for the kids, and for you for that matter. I think it gets rid of a lot of headaches! We definitely have our routines that we do. It personally makes my life alot easier!

Yesterday I was a cooking fool. I baked 2 loaves of bread, made 2 batches of granola bars and threw chicken and sauerkraut in the crockpot. And since I am starting to help with the Cross team, I ran with them last night, and boy am I sore today!:laugh:
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Princess~I completely agree scheduling is very nice. I never use to schedule anything but it sure makes for a happier mommy and children! :smile: It also helps for when they go to school.

Nicole~the bread and granola bars sound so yummy!

Well I think that I fractured my finger it hurts so bad. If is is not then I bruised it really badly! Sad thing is that this happened a few weeks ago and it bothered me for maybe a day after but then stopped until today and now it hurts everytime I bend the stupid thing, it shoots pains up my arm. :grumble: Second day of achool over for the kids and I am already exhausted! I am not a morning person and of course I have been having to get up (hubby has been working more mornings lately) to get them off to school. I have been wanting to change my habits so that I go to bed early and wake up early so I guess here is my chance to do it. Well spreaking of I am very tired to to bed I go!
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Hi Cristina! Welcome! My goal is to have a tummy tuck too, but I'm so nervous about the recovery. I had 2 c-sections so I'm in desperate need of one. Ive already had the consultation with the plastic surgeon. My husband is an Army Reservist and has been deployed twice to Iraq. We're hoping he's done with deployments.

Stacey- You've made progress and the first step is to start. I feel like I'm yelling all the time, but noone ever listens. Makes sense, but when I talk they don't listen either- specifically my 4 and 2 year old.

Katie- Wow, that's some feat. I'd never be able to teach myself an instrument. I still can't read music. I have no idea how I made it through school. You should get your finger looked at. You don't want it to heal wrong and then have to have it rebroken to set it correctly.

Princess- I think it's the 2 and 3 year old behavior. My son is 4 and my daughter is 2. I absolutely hate taking them shopping with me these days. It's such a hassle and takes me 3 times longer then it would if I could just go alone. I don't have a routine right now, but my kids do go to bed the same time every night, and lunch and dinner are always at the same time. When my son starts school next week, we'll be more structured. It might not be structure that they need- they might just be getting bored. I know that's the problem with my 2.

Nicole- What kind of bread? Makes me want to throw some in the breadmaker today! I made a granola the other day with honey, nut and dried cranberries. It was SO good.

Nothing new here right now. I just started back to school on Monday and it's been crazy. Trying otget things squared away with that, and then taking care of teh kids and all the household stuff. I'll adjust, it just takes a few weeks. Dieing at the same time is quite the adventure.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    GM!

KAtie- OOOHHH! I hope your finger feels better! Feeling pain up the arm doesn't sounnd very good though.

TandK- I actually make a gluten free bread that is awesome !It's made out of Sorghum. I can't have gluten, corn or soy, so it is a challenge. My MIL came into town at the end of July and she fell in love with the bread. I gave her the recipe and she makes it all of the time now. I too put cranberries, honey, oats, hazlenuts and peanutbutter in my granola. I make it mostly for my hubby to take ot work with him.

Off for a run myself...I am not running this afternoon with the kids, it's supposed to be 100 degrees!
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!

I just came back a couple weeks ago after being off the site for three months. Luckily I seem to be getting back into it easily, but the friends I joined with have wandered off. So I'm looking for more friends.

I've got one daughter who just started first grade, and I'm married to a disabled Army veteran. Now that my daughter is back in school, I've got more time, and fewer excuses, to practice my Tai Chi. I teach a class twice a week at a hospital sponsored gym and I love it!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I've been working on cutting down on animal products and getting more veggies on my plate for health reasons, though most days I'm just happy if I stick to my calories.
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! This looks like such a cool group, mind if I join? I am a stay-at-home-mom of 2 girls (3 and 1), and like Christina, I am an Army wife and veteran.:smile:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Welcome back Motley Bird and Welcome home6!

I guess all of this crazy running with the XC team is starting to pay off! I am down to 157.2!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Hey motley! Welcome back! I'm sure that I can speak for everyone, we'd love to be your friends. I'm not a vegetarian either, but I eat very little meat, and almost NO red meat. Shrimp on the other hand, I love!

Home- Looks like lots of us are Army wives, or ex Army wives. Glad to have you. :)

Nicole- Way to go! Awesome job! Running is an awesome way to lose weight, I just wish I could do it. Gluten free bread- my sister was told she has Celiac Disease but for some reason- the symptoms have totally gone away. Strange. I tried some of the store bought bread and it tasted like cardboard. The stuff she made at home was so much better, but she's young and didn't want to do it more then once.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi girls! we're back--only a 9 hour drive for the return trip! lots of stops including 25 minutes at the side of the hwy with dd1 having a non-stop bloody nose. called dh, he said add the ice pack and then it finally stopped.
    then we pull into McD and dd2 gets one!!

they need saline more regularly, but it was also the altitude change and they just are nosebleeders, like their dad.

we survived, and i'm cleaned up and glad to be HOME.

the trip---not as good as usual. b/c dumb mommy here dsn't believe that traveling with crazy son is NOT fun, espec come bedtime. i'll spare you the details....but i don't know when he'll be going on a trip again.....
    on the other hand, this mommy could TOTALLY use the time off.....

welcome to the new girls! this is an incredible group of women. we push each other but also understand how life as MOM can present unique challenges to getting fit. motley--how cool that you teach tai chi.

hey, any of you garden?? we are new to flowers. vincas and hibiscus did not get watered the last few days and still sat in full sun. and then the vincas were covered in ants when i chkd them tonight. huh??? why would ants be in the pots??
    i killed the ones on the outside and sprayed around the bricks where the pots sit. then i seriously watered them and tried to flood out the ants.
    anything more i should do?
    the hibiscus might not recover, but the vincas were still pretty healthy, w/new buds waiting to open.

for those who don't know, i live in Las Vegas, so i when i say FULL sun, i mean super sun!

nicole, congrats on the addnl loss! your running is so amazing!

trish--where are you?? you haven't been posting lately. ok???

i know i've forgotten stuff, but glad to be back here. :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    katie--any updates on your finger??
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Welcome motley & home!

Nicole~Way to go! It felt so great when I got to the 150's I can't wait for the 140's now! As for running for me when I am out walking with the kids we will jog/ run occasionally but I don't do it often. My friend that I workout with has bad knees so it is not something that we do that much or her knees hurt her if we do.

Well I have not went into the Dr's (no insurance) but we are treating the finger as though it is broken and have it in a splint so that I can't move it. It really sucks though it is my right hand middle finger (I am right handed) and when I try to feed myself or anything els it is like I am "flipping the bird". Of course my oldest laughs at me when ever he watches me do any of the things that gives me problems, which it pretty much everything. However I am going to keep it on for as long as I need to so that I make sure that it heals properly. I don't want to be having problems with it later on. On a different subject. I have been walking up to the kids school twice a day. Which let me give you an idea it is a 1/2 mile a way and all up hill. We live at the base of the mountains and their school is on that "lovely" mountain. Of course it's not just walking by myself I have been pushing the little kids up the hill. I haven't done any "official" workouts but I think that is workout enough. By the time I get up there my legs are on FIRE. It has been taking us about 14-17 minutes to do it. I am hoping that I keep it up though because at least it is more workout than I have been getting lately. Well got to go.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Stacey~we must have been posting at the same time! Sorry to hear you had a hard time. I hope that you get that much needed break soon. Wish I could help with the garden but I don't know much about that. Hope you get it all sorted out.
  • lschmidt77
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm new here :smile: I'm Leigh, mom to Allison (who starts Kindergarten next Wednesday!) and Lizzie who is almost 3. I have about 60 lbs to lose, I've tried many many times before and I come from a long line of women who spent (or are spending) their entire lives talking about weight loss, but rarely making any real progress. I'm hoping I can break the cycle for my girls and keep up with them as they get older. Looking forward to getting to know you!