Uncomfortable talking about weight loss?

Options
Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way, but I really don't like talking about my weight loss success. I've lost almost 50 pounds and I'm thrilled with that and really proud of myself, I just don't really like to talk about it. I don't know if it's because I'm ashamed of who I used to be, or if I just don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn. I don't think of the amount I have lost as "a lot of weight" by any means, and when someone comments or asks me if I lost weight or if I've been working out, I just smile and say yes or nod. Does anyone else feel this way or am I the odd woman out?

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    honey, I feel you! lol. I feel the same way. More so I get offended sometimes that when they tell me or ask me how I lost the weight it just doesnt feel like telling them how.
  • iamthesweenmachine
    Options
    it doesn't really offend me, I just don't really feel comfortable admitting that I was a certain way, or congratulating myself. And for awhile, I didn't even think I looked thinner. I mean, if I have a friend who is interested in losing weight, then I will gladly tell them and we can motivate each other.
  • iamthesweenmachine
    Options
    ps-mitzigan, I sent you a friend request :) we're the same age!
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    friend request confirmed! yay!:D
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    it doesn't really offend me, I just don't really feel comfortable admitting that I was a certain way, or congratulating myself. And for awhile, I didn't even think I looked thinner. I mean, if I have a friend who is interested in losing weight, then I will gladly tell them and we can motivate each other.

Yeah definitely.

Hey its ok! at least we did it!;)