Maintenance workout

Options
For people that are maintaining, how many workouts do you do each week and how many calories do you aim to burn? How many How many calories do you aim to eat on maintenance ?

Replies

• einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Based on my height, weight and the fact that I say I'm lightly active, I am trying to maintain on about 1900-2000 calories per day without a workout included. I have been really bad about doing any type of physical exercise lately. :-/

That being said, I transitioned from 5:2 to 6:1 so technically I eat very low calories one day (600) and a ton of calories one day on the weekend (probably between 3000-4000.) But that is because I pay attention to my weekly numbers more than my daily numbers.

It's up to you and your parameters.
  • sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat normal calories. Still trying to tweak my calories per day, as I seem to lose, but I aim for 5 hours of workouts a week and it's pretty intense stuff. I don't really aim to burn anything, as if I workout, I give myself a small treat. I am a 5 ft. 10 in. woman and I aim to eat about 2,250 calories per day at present. I'm a little underweight, so just trying to stabilise again. If I exercise, I add on about 150 to 250 calories, depending on the workout. I don't do fasting, as my blood sugar will just drop and I get pretty much sick.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    For people that are maintaining, how many workouts do you do each week and how many calories do you aim to burn? How many How many calories do you aim to eat on maintenance ?

at the moment i do 3-4 workouts a week, usually insanity, and i maintain eating net 2000 cals (so around 2300 on workout days). i am 5ft5 and 136lbs
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't do workouts as such, I swim for 50 mins 2/3 times per week, and also walk round the local park for 40 mins 2/3 times per week . I don't have an aim for calorie burn, just time spent doing those 2 activities.On maintenance I have 1660/ day, plus exercise so on a swimday I can have about 2100. I'm 5'3 and 118 lbs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 times a week, at the moment 4 x weights and 2 x cardio but my more usual routine is 3 of each.
    Don't have a calorie burn target for exercise though - my goals are increasing strength & fitness and a recomp to reduce body fat percentage.

My weekly calorie burn varies enormously as I cycle but average is 5,336 a week so far this year.

I follow the 5:2 or 6:1 eating pattern and eat back exercise calories on the 5 (or 6) normal days.
    When I'm doing 6:1 that's 6 days at 2,100 (net) and 1 day at 600 calories.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love to eat, so I try to burn at least 400 with each workout. I workout six days a week. Maintenance is hard because you don't really see "progress". However, I am starting to lift weights at the beginning of the year so hope to see physical changes there. I am **almost** 5'5" and range from 110-114.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I still work out a lot, but I don't have a calorie burn goal. I work out before work 5x/wk so that I feel awake and energized. It can be anything from yoga to RI30. After work, I lift 3x/wk. I also try to get in a run or, if I can't run, another workout or two on the weekend, usually another dvd of circuit training or cardio.