Women TMI question

Options
Sorry for the question! Is it normal to put on 1.5 - 2 kilos during PMS?

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's normal. It's water retention.
  • RunEatLift
    Options
    Yep, totally normal.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't really put on too much weight for PMS but I typically lose 5 pounds immediately when my period ends.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's normal. If you don't think it will cause obsession, take your weight everyday for a couple months and you will begin to see your body's normal weight fluctuations. It's really quite interesting.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's normal. It's called bloating. I've gone up as much as six pounds and during my period as well.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-5lbs
  • blankney94
    Options
    I've noticed I gain about 2lb just before it arrives. Because of this, I don't tend to weigh myself too frequently around that time, otherwise I can get a little grumpy about it.
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, very much appreciated!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    And it doesn't have to be at your period either (this more an FYI for other women), I "gain" on average 5 pounds at ovulation, and "lose" it after my TOM. For years, this would discourage my dieting efforts!! I would be working so hard, wake but and have gained, get frustrated and throw in the towel. I wasn't until I was weighing myself every day while trying to conceive that I figured out the pattern.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I gain about 2lb just before it arrives. Because of this, I don't tend to weigh myself too frequently around that time, otherwise I can get a little grumpy about it.

This. I usually gain about 3-5 pounds as well the week before and while i'm on it. I lose it immediately after it's over. But I have learned to stay away from the scale because if I weigh myself, it may very well go flying out the frackin window.