hot :)
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks you too! You both^
  • icflyinmonkies
    icflyinmonkies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Call me a killjoy if you will but arent threads like these counterproductive to what many of us are here to attain, confidence? Whenever someone blatantly says you're not pretty, if you're someone trying to be confident with your looks and if that confidence you're trying to maintain is what fuels your commitment to your goals and in turn your progress, a complete stranger laying out their opinion on your looks can be a sucker punch to the gut. It's not nice, so how is any of this supporting the environment this site means to provide to people trying to improve their lives?

Or is this one of those things where persons who join in are assumed to be so thick skinned that any negative feedback about their looks is supposed to encourage their own self-confidence or serve as encouragement to make improvement?
  • Jemellc
    Options
    2v8fpl4.jpg
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Call me a killjoy if you will but arent threads like these counterproductive to what many of us are here to attain, confidence? Whenever someone blatantly says you're not pretty, if you're someone trying to be confident with your looks and if that confidence you're trying to maintain is what fuels your commitment to your goals and in turn your progress, a complete stranger laying out their opinion on your looks can be a sucker punch to the gut. It's not nice, so how is any of this supporting the environment this site means to provide to people trying to improve their lives?

Or is this one of those things where persons who join in are assumed to be so thick skinned that any negative feedback about their looks is supposed to encourage their own self-confidence or serve as encouragement to make improvement?

I think it's one of those things that is called fun for a reason.
    I'm a sensitive person, but I'm not about to care if a stranger insults me over the internet.
    Especially if I ask for an opinion.
    Regardless, these threads CERTAINLY are helping me with my confidence.
    I've seen very, very few jerks.
    If any.
  • Jemellc
    Options
    I see your point but honestly though, I think a lot of people in here are not expressing whether they truly believe the person above is hot or not.
  • LittleTonk1
    Options
    She's pretty
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    not
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Yay! I can see part of his face and he's Beautiful! :bigsmile:
  • icflyinmonkies
    icflyinmonkies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I guess i can understand that if the motive is not truly to give opinion but maybe building the confidence of someone else...i guess its just hard for me to see that at first because i dont get ahy anyone would open themselves up to even the possibility of negativity while trying to improve something so delicate about themselves as their weight