keto buddy?

Options
i cant seem to get back onto keto no matter how hard i try, even though ive had amazing results from it.
would be great if someone needed a keto buddy so we could help and motivate each other, share meal choices etc

need help staying on track!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    i cant seem to get back onto keto no matter how hard i try, even though ive had amazing results from it.
    would be great if someone needed a keto buddy so we could help and motivate each other, share meal choices etc

need help staying on track!

Then why don't you just use MFP as it was designed? Much easier to stick to and no need to go without things you love forever. That is no fun right?
  • zombecki
    zombecki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just because one way works for some doesn't mean it works well for others.
  • alaabihi1
    Options
    Hi,

I've been on keto for about 2 weeks now, could use the motivation as I haven't lost anything but I like to as much as I can to everyone else... Add me!

:)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You can be my keto buddy. This month I've been not-so-keto, but I'll be glad to have you.
  • Ninanator
    Options
    No prob! More keto buds are always welcome :-)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

That's your body telling you something, it doesn't want the Keto.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Getting on a healthy diet is hard sometimes.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, I have been in keto consistently for months. Maybe some clues in there may help?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options

It means addictions are hard to break.
    troll_2.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Just because one way works for some doesn't mean it works well for others.

huh? Calorie deficit always works..not matter what you pair it with ...keto, IF, lean gains, etc...
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm a LC "Paleo-tarian," so I try to stay in ketosis most of the time (except Saturdays, when I can eat a whole 100 grams of carbs... woohoo!!! haha)

I'm a little confused why so many people use posts like this to tell people they're eating the "wrong way" when all they are trying to do is find some friends who can support the healthy lifestyle choices they've made... I'm pretty sure the OP didn't ask for a lifestyle critique. Save the negative opinions for someone who asks to hear them.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I dont check if Im in keto but I try to eat low carb (under50) and stay within 1200 calories, its working for me. I react to low carb better than anything else and it can be done in a healthy way!
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I've been paleo/primal for about a year, but just started my keto journey on Sunday. Feel free to add me :)
  • Filmlotus
    Filmlotus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey there beautiful keto friends :) Would love to connect and offer support. Add me if you feel like it. I log daily. :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can add me and check my diary out! Keto can be hard, but it can also be uber yummy if you know how to cook and experiment a little bit here and there!

Oh and be prepared for the keto-haters. They always flock to posts like this. Just ignore, keep calm and keto on!
  • Fuzz610
    Fuzz610 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started eating less carbs for a few weeks now and dropped maybe 2 lbs.
    you guys have peaked my interest about keto's? Is it safe to do this for a long time or is it more of a lifestyle change? Thanks.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just started eating less carbs for a few weeks now and dropped maybe 2 lbs.
    you guys have peaked my interest about counting keto's?
    How do you count them and why? Thanks.

Keto is low carb and high fat. So you get the majority of your caloric intake from fats.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My husband is on keto due to some medical issues and I decided to do it in support. Been Keto since Dec 9th. It's actually been fantastic, obviously it's a matter of calorie intake but it suits my personal palate and eating habits very well. My diary is open and feel free to add me,
  • Fuzz610
    Fuzz610 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just realized what keto was short for. I'm trying a low carb diet with leaner meats and healthier fats.