Pyruvate

Options
rowlandk
rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
My trainer suggested I begin taking Pyruvate. He said it is the healthy way to speed up metabolism. Is this true?

Replies

• rowlandk
    Options
    My trainer suggested I begin taking Pyruvate. He said it is the healthy way to speed up metabolism. Is this true?
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I have no idea what that even is, or that it was a word. Sorry that I was no help.:flowerforyou:
  • rowlandk
    Options
    This is what I found:
    INTRODUCTION
    Pyruvate is a dietary supplement targeting both sedentary and active individuals. The most popular claims for pyruvate center about its purported ability to: 1) "significantly" increase fat and weight loss; 2) improve exercise endurance capacity; 3) effectively reduce cholesterol, and; 4) serve as a potent antioxidant. However, these contentions are based mainly on faulty extrapolations of preliminary or inconclusive evidence.
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    I don't believe this is true. Pyruvate is just an enzyme involved in glycolysis. When you injest enzymes, they become denatured by the acid in the stomach.

This would defeat the purpose of taking Pyruvate as a supplement, wouldn't it?

p.s.

enzyme = protein = 4 kcal/gram!!! = extra calories!!!