fitbit, heart rate monitor or ?

Options
I know there have been tons of posts about which is best etc.....and I can see benefits of both...
However,what I am after is something to givea semi accurate number of calories burnt whilst working out (not step based) AND as someone with insomniac tendencies,something to monitor my sleep.
Is there something out there that does both? And more maybe?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Maybe the Polar Loop but by the time you buy the device and the optional HRM, it probably costs about as much as any activity tracker plus a separate HRM. Though with the loop at least they'll 'talk to' each other.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Maybe the Polar Loop but by the time you buy the device and the optional HRM, it probably costs about as much as any activity tracker plus a separate HRM. Though with the loop at least they'll 'talk to' each other.

This^
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar ft7 for my workouts and a Fitbit for everything else. I just got the fitbit a couple days ago...so this is a new concept to have two devices.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i hate a fitbit flex. and last night just purchased an ft7. maybe thats why i see an add onmy screen right now for a polar loop which also looks cool as F!. i cant wait to get my ft7 and get it going.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I recommend an HRM..I have a polar and loving it . It is accurate for measuring the calories burnt and the heart rate I am working with while the fitbit would give me a count of steps taken..that doesnt tell me much...I prefer reading the heart rate so that I can judge how much more "juice" I have to put into the exercise or actually reduce my intensity a bit -eg when having to run 1KM I dont want to be at the top of my HR range in the first 2mins..so it reminds me to focus on my breathing..and reducing my heart rate..I love my HRM
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    What about the bodymedia? Out of all the devices I used that was the most accurate. I do currently use the Loop now but as far as sleep eval I recall the bodymedia feedback being easier to review.

Just reread that. Bodymedia probably isn't what you want if you just want to wear while working out.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Having a very quick look at the loop, no sleep tracker?

So probably am looking at buying two different things...
    Shame (for my credit card)
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I recommend an HRM..I have a polar and loving it . It is accurate for measuring the calories burnt and the heart rate I am working with while the fitbit would give me a count of steps taken..that doesnt tell me much...I prefer reading the heart rate so that I can judge how much more "juice" I have to put into the exercise or actually reduce my intensity a bit -eg when having to run 1KM I dont want to be at the top of my HR range in the first 2mins..so it reminds me to focus on my breathing..and reducing my heart rate..I love my HRM

I agree, and my friend who is a personal trainer says it's the best tool you can have while working out.