Why does it have to be "the girls" that go first?

Options
Hi everyone

So I'm doing pretty well with my progress but I must have a mini-rant for a moment. Every time I lose weight, it seems "the girls" are the first area to disappear. I mean, c'mon Mama Nature, I'm already pretty small up top and you have to go and take from there.

I know we can't pick and choose the areas we lose from, but it just seems like a cruel joke. Any other small-chested ladies with me here? Any thoughts or ideas on minimizing this? I already use chest machines at the gym to keep the girls defying gravity, but they're slowly shrinking on me :(

Replies

• bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm not small chested but after losing so much weight I'm headed in that direction. My girls are now a deflated version of themself. It's not good, not good at all :(

I used to compare them to water balloons and now well I don't really know what to compare them to.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Start doing squats and no man will care about "the girls" going anywhere!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just the way it is, it seems. I was a DD cup...lost 40lbs, now I'm a C cup. Unless it's Victoria's Secret. Then I'm D. Even us more well endowed in that area don't like to see "the girls" disappear, lol
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    if you only had big boobs because of being overweight, do they really count?
    i think losing size from boobs is good, keeps everything in proportion
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for mine to go down...They haven't yet.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree OP.
    It is very sad how the body sheds the fat....... :cry: :sad:
    I love boobies.....

But lower abs and thighs on women are always gonna be the last to go.......
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    Haha yup I was a small B now I'm a solid A cup, and it sucks haha. They keep getting smaller too.
  • holliesangel
    holliesangel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I only wish I had that problem. 30 lbs down and still a solid D cup. This time around I'm fairly certain the first place I noticed getting smaller was my thighs.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Yeah, I feel your pain. I was told to even lay off my chest exercises because they'll "disappear". Not sure if it'll happen or not. Not too sure I even want to find out. :laugh: No, seriously. It stinks. :frown:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I was 46DDD, now I am a 40D. Talk about a drastic change. When I see them now, I can't help but think I put them on an ironing board and flattened them. UGH!!!!!!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I feel ya.....if I lose much more I may actually become concave. :-/
  • bethanp
    Options

I never had big boobs in the first place. I've always been small up top and even though my weight loss goals are smaller than most on here (only 15 lbs down from starting point is the goal), I'm still sad to see the little girls dwindle. I've been a large B for as long as I can remember and its always hard to find tops that fit right. So many times I try things on and have to put them back since I don't have the chest to make the shirt look right.
  • bethanp
    Options
    Start doing squats and no man will care about "the girls" going anywhere!
    That's a good point. The booty doesn't seem to be going anywhere so I suppose it's time to make that start defying gravity instead :)
  • staplebug
    Options
    I, like you, am already small-chested and losing weight never helps...so I have just resigned myself to wearing push up bras that make me look a little more proportional up top.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    I had the opposite issue (please no one curse me out), the band size went down <YAY> but the cup size went up. I was very perplexed. My husband, who isn't unhappy about this, and I discussed and seem to think it's from weight lifting. I don't do anything heavy but I've steadily increased. And I suppose when you go from no chest/arm/upper body muscles to anything it would make a difference. All the weight I lost was from my thighs and some stomach.
  • bethanp
    Options
    I, like you, am already small-chested and losing weight never helps...so I have just resigned myself to wearing push up bras that make me look a little more proportional up top.
    Yup, push up bras and "chicken cutlets" are our friends.

I guess one good thing we have going for us is that we can usually find our size on the clearance rack at department stores. I'd rather have that than having to pay $40 or $50 for over the shoulder boulder holders.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I never had big boobs in the first place. I've always been small up top and even though my weight loss goals are smaller than most on here (only 15 lbs down from starting point is the goal), I'm still sad to see the little girls dwindle. I've been a large B for as long as I can remember and its always hard to find tops that fit right. So many times I try things on and have to put them back since I don't have the chest to make the shirt look right.

Sorry, I thought you meant like 300lbs+ girls with their 42HH cups or something.. that must suck.. push up bras are your friend :D
  • daniellemm1
    Options
    Oops duplicate post.
  • daniellemm1
    Options

LOL. Yes they still count. I would not mind going down to a smaller cup size but unfortunately they just look deflated now :(