Lost HALF of my weight loss goal in ONE month!

Options
I know it's a pretty small victory in comparison to all those who have lost so much weight and have become healthier both inside and out, but heck, I'm PROUD of me.

I weighed in at 156 on Nov 13th and today on Dec 13th I am a solid 151.

LOL I know that is kinda lame--just 5lbs. But I only really wanted to lose 10lbs--so I'm halfway there already. I know the scale doesn't matter as much, but people have noticed my thighs slimming out and so have I! So that's kind of a NSV, no?

The reason I am most proud of myself is that I actually stuck to it. Yeah I know a month isn't that long to commit (in comparison to you all who are YEARS into your respective journey's) but it is for me because I usually start and then stop and then start and then stop something within a few days. I was complacent since I told myself I wasn't THAT big so who cares. But I REALLY got on it this month, ate clean, and worked out 6 out of 7 days of the week on average :)

I'm also happy because I didn't get here by starving myself like I did in high school (where I dropped like 20lbs in 4 weeks--realllly bad for me given I was smaller back then) I really wanted to in the beginning but decided I wanted results that would last. So I ate the right things instead of nothing!

Now I am looking forward to many months to come of weight loss, maintenance, and strength training. 30 days is what solidifies a habit, so I am so very happy that I have created a new, healthy habit :)

Ok I'll stop babbling. My weight loss is not that dramatic, but my change in mindset certainly is.

Good luck to everyone on their own journey's! I believe in you :D

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant - Keep up the fab work! Its not a race, and will come off when it needs too!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing job!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Losing any weight to become healthier is something to be proud of. Good job for getting halfway to your goal! Keep it up.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome girl! Keep it up :smile:
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    1 pound or 100 pounds, it does not matter, they are all worth celebrating.:flowerforyou:
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate this. Everyone should always be on a journey to create the best /healthiest body they can. This post proves that.

Keep on it!! :)
  • nikki_mar
    nikki_mar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay, first I'm going to need you to stop downplaying your success before telling us about it. Congratulations, I am SO PROUD right along with you. Keep talking about the good and sharing your success. You're inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!