Help! Falling asleep at my desk....

Options
and I need to get to the gym after work. I am glued to my desk (can't move literally). Anyone have any good "wakeup" suggestions so I get in the mood to change into my gym clothes in about an hour and get my lazy, tired butt to the gym?

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Replies

• charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    and I need to get to the gym after work. I am glued to my desk (can't move literally). Anyone have any good "wakeup" suggestions so I get in the mood to change into my gym clothes in about an hour and get my lazy, tired butt to the gym?

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    Nope I in the same boat as you, I know I need to get up and work out but I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer.
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    there is no silver bullet.
    just go to the gym even if you do not want to.
    you will be glad you did, once you get there.
    Also it will really wake you up.
  • kitty1256
    kitty1256 Posts: 45
    Options
    Sometimes I motivate myself in small steps.

"....alright, i'm just going to put on my sweatpants and a t-shirt.... doesn't mean i'm going to the gym"

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, i might as well walk out to my car and go somewhere....."

"...i'm in my car, and my sweatpants are on...i might as well drive to the gym. i'll only work out for 15 minutes though."

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here, and worked out for 15 minutes - i might as well go for 30 minutes"

"...since i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here and did 30 minutes of exercise, i might as well do 50 crunches...."
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Go outside and walk around the building, fresh air helps wake you up.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Take a drink of water... :drinker:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

"....alright, i'm just going to put on my sweatpants and a t-shirt.... doesn't mean i'm going to the gym"

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, i might as well walk out to my car and go somewhere....."

"...i'm in my car, and my sweatpants are on...i might as well drive to the gym. i'll only work out for 15 minutes though."

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here, and worked out for 15 minutes - i might as well go for 30 minutes"

"...since i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here and did 30 minutes of exercise, i might as well do 50 crunches...."

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who does this.. cause this is exactly what i do.... haha
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    EAT something...have a snack. Maybe your blood sugar is too low. Helps me....get up and go even if its just a little snack.
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    I MIGHT BE TOO LATE AT RELPYING, BUT IT MIGHT WORK FOR YOU NEXT TIME.....LATELY I'VE BEEN FEELING LIKE THAT....I DO ALL OF MY EXERCISE AT HOME AND LATELY IT'S BEEN SO HARD FOR ME JUST TO GET UP AND GO TO THE GARAGE AND WORKOUT ON MY TREADMILL AND BIKE. SO I STARTED MAKING DRINKING A PROTEIN SHAKE (WATER WITH 1 OR 2 SCOOPS OF PROTEIN POWDER) AND EATING 1/4 CUP OF GRANOLA 1/2 HOUR BEFORE MY WORKOUT. IT GIVES ME THE ENERGY I NEED TO GET UP FROM THE COUCH AND WORKOUT FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I DID.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing a small routine while you are still sitting in your char working? There is no law that says you have to be working your butt off with sweat pouring down. Every movement you do, even if is it a simple moving your foot up and down while you sit burns calories.

Try making you a little routine you can start before it near the end of your work hour so you can get your mind in the grove that it is work out time and you will continue at the gym.

Just a thought.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    green tea LOL....I have a small cup of blueberry flavored green tea around well tea time and it gets me through the rest of the day w/out making me BOOOOOING! wound up on caffiene...its good for your metabolism and might help your workout...just my opinion!

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually did throw together a protein shake managed to get it down in one shot (man that stuff can be a little gross) and immediatley put the gym shorts on. As soon as I got outside in my shorts and boots (yes I said boots) I woke up. The temp was well below freezing and it was snowing so I was awake when I got into my freezing cold van.
    I took the good advice to take little steps and change, then drive in the right direction of the gym, only do 15 minutes, ok I'm here go do your whole workout! I did great and I felt great for going.
    My job is most of my problem. I hate it and it bores me,sucks the drive and will to live out of me. LOL
    No wonder I'm tired. :laugh:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Hilarious! I do this too.

I went out walking/running last night and told myself that for every 2 min of walking, I was going to run 1 min. The running turned out to be pretty difficult for me, so I told myself, "Okay, only one more time." I ran for 1 min, walked for 2 min, and told myself, "One more time."

I did that the whole way!
  • xDaBomx
    xDaBomx Posts: 4
    Options
    I know the pain, hehe, but just think: an hour or whatever and it'll be over, then you'll feel great afterwards!