Clothes and Scales

Options
When you weigh yourself, is it safe to deduct 5lbs? Or do you think its always best to weigh without - At the drs office they always get my weight plus clothes etc. the medical assistant noticed that I had droppedl ike 15 lbs in a few weeks, well it was because they weighed me with my purse and shoes ,heavy coat! duh LOL

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i like to weigh naked. but for clothes and shoes and what not i would say max 2 pounds. but im no expert. but 5 pounds seems like quite a bit.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I have gone to the bathroom. I just wear my undies.
  • ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh naked in the morning before I eat anything. I try to wear similar clothes to the doctor, and they always have me remove my coat and shoes, and if they don't ask, I just do it before I get on the scale. Anything you put into your body, water, food etc. will also make a big difference, so keep that in mind, and try to stay similar for a more accurate reading.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    vote butt nekid here
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning (nekkid). Usually at the Dr's office I end up weighing 2 lbs more (clothing) but I don't get weighed with my purse, jacket, or shoes if possible!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week at the gym... 5am... in my gym clothes and tennis shoes on.

When the weight is coming off; whether your clothes are on or off won't even matter!
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you're wearing, 5 pounds is not extreme if you are wearing heavy shoes and a thick sweater/hoodie/or coat. I always take off any outer vestment and take off my shoes. I also make sure my phone, keys, anything at all pretty much, is out of my pockets. It's not an options to weigh naked at your doctor's office :laugh: but you can "lighten the load". And if you are reporting back to your doctor for frequent weight ins always make sure you are wearing the same or similar clothing.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Any time the scale doesn't say what I want it to say:

Romy: I've been killing myself for eight days and I gained a pound.

Michele: That's impossible. Did you deduct sixteen pounds for your shoes?
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself naked, first thing in the morning - except when I get weighed at my slimming group - and I'm always dressed and it adds maximum 3lbs without shoes and coat.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    5lbs? That seems extreme, but depends on the clothes. I can't even imagine why you wouldn't at least set your purse down before stepping on the scale though. When I weigh myself in my "pajamas" (long yoga pants and a t-shirt) I weigh the same as I do naked - so I'd definitely be cheating if I subtracted 5lbs!